PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Urethane

mfbowl
06-12-2011, 12:04 PM
hi everyone, new to the forum and tried to do a search to find the value but it didn't turn up much of anything useful.

I have two left handed Hammer Urethane balls that look almost new. One is blue and the other is a maroon color, but have the same emblem and Jab or Zab above the cross-hair symbol.

Any ideas on how much they would be worth? I believe they are 16#

Any insight would be awesome.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/heyiknowyou/IMAG0412-1.jpg

The Mayor
06-13-2011, 09:09 AM
It's actually "Fab" which is short for Faball which was the company that made Hammer. Hammer was purchased by Ebonite in 2000 I believe. They actually just re-released the Blue Hammer with an updated core and new urethane coverstock. As for value on the older ones, it would all depend on if someone was really after finding an original of either of these colors. The Blue was very popular and I believe the burgundy hooked much more. I'd say you could get $50-80 for the set to the right buyer.

mfbowl
06-13-2011, 09:52 AM
thanks for the reply, i appreciate it... i have no clue about different bowling balls. I recently acquired 8 of them though so i was thinking of getting rid of most of them.

The Mayor
06-13-2011, 01:24 PM
There is definitely still a market for them. There are people who really like older equipment. Throw them on eBay and see what you can get for them. You never know.