PDA

View Full Version : Motiv RX1 Silver Recon - Best Dry Lane Reactive Ball

Mappa
06-12-2011, 09:07 PM
I have tried just about every resin ball made for dry lanes from various manufacturers, and the Motiv Recon RX1 is by far the best. It gets through the heads with ease… but a lot of bowling balls do that. What makes the Recon shine is it’s smooth response off friction, and the gradual build up of momentum as it reaches the pins. It almost has a urethane type quality to it, but carry is superior to any urethane ball I’ve used.

I have a high rev rate relative to my ball speed (420rpm, 17mph). I used the Recon almost exclusively at PBA Regionals recently on Viper and Cheetah. What this ball allows me to do is start much closer to the dry than I normally able to, and play straight up the boards. As the patterns broke down, I found that I was able to make parallel moves left with my feet and target, keeping a similar trajectory up the boards. The other high rev guys had to move deeper inside much quicker than I, and play a much more angular approach to the pocket, which led to 2-8-10’s and 4 pins. There are times when a skid/flip reaction is best when the lanes open up, but not in these recent events. I was able to keep the pocket in front of me, following the oil line as it moved in gradually for entire 8 game blocks – and was able to maintain my higher carry percentage rate.

During the tournaments I had several people ask me what I was throwing – in part because I was able to play a part of the lane that others who have a similar game to mine couldn’t play… and partly because this silver beauty just looks good rolling down the lane!

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
New Motiv Staff Member