PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Gravity Nano by Storm on Not so THS

alltenback
07-14-2011, 10:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkNquNz0R8

Check out the video I shot last 2 weeks or so on the new Drilled 4x4x2 Nano.

The ball is super strong and might be to much ball for me. But I did bowl in the 2nd have of the video on super flooded lanes and it worked pretty good for me.

Anyways check out the video and see.

THanks
Brent
www.alltenback.com

The Mayor
07-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Looks good Brent!

Be sure to keep that thing clean and you'll have a great heavy oil ball for a long time!

alltenback
07-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks WB! The ball actually hooks to much but it works good on heavy and long oil patterns for me. Revs up pretty easy too with the 4x4x2 lay out. I dig it. I might polish it up though so I can get to use it during league play.

Thanks again for the compliment.

Looks good Brent!

Be sure to keep that thing clean and you'll have a great heavy oil ball for a long time!

Paralipsis
07-15-2011, 02:18 AM
If the leagues at my house used more oil and a bit more length, I'd jump on this ball in a New York second. A friend of mine bowls on one of the THS leagues and he has one. The patterns there get burnt up pretty fast due to it being 3v3 for a 3 game series + practice and about 1-2 hours drying time before the league starts. He's a lower end rotation tweener. He plays an outside line due to it being drilled with the pin below the fingers (I think). If he continued rolling it towards the end, he'd be playing far inside.

alltenback
07-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Yeah the pattern (at the new house i am bowling at) seem much shorter than I am use to. But when I go there and practice the lanes are flooded (maybe to save the lanes from open bowlers?) It really throws me off. I might try polishing up the VG nano just to get a smoother roll instead of such an early turn in the back end once it hits the dry.

The Victory Road for me works a little bit better in the 3rd game when the lanes are dried up. It is hard to move to far left at this house because their is an out of bounds area 5 board to the gutter. Makes it hard for me at least to really swing it. So i been staying a little more behind the ball and trying to really put a consistant roll on it.

Looks good but i am not scoring well except for the one night

If the leagues at my house used more oil and a bit more length, I'd jump on this ball in a New York second. A friend of mine bowls on one of the THS leagues and he has one. The patterns there get burnt up pretty fast due to it being 3v3 for a 3 game series + practice and about 1-2 hours drying time before the league starts. He's a lower end rotation tweener. He plays an outside line due to it being drilled with the pin below the fingers (I think). If he continued rolling it towards the end, he'd be playing far inside.

alltenback
07-26-2011, 01:08 PM
BTW I had a 685 scratch series the other week with the VG Nano. I am getting the hang of this ball. I really love it. It is a lot of fun to roll.

The Mayor
07-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Nice! Keep it up, Brent!

mojojojo
10-11-2011, 04:57 PM
i see that you posted the vid in july, and has it died out on you yet? My first heavy oil ball, the invasion, died out on me after a month and ive been hesitant on buying another one.

The Mayor
10-12-2011, 09:01 AM
i see that you posted the vid in july, and has it died out on you yet? My first heavy oil ball, the invasion, died out on me after a month and ive been hesitant on buying another one.

Did you clean the ball after every session? Modern bowling balls designed for hook on the heaviest conditions do absorb oil. That's the way they are able to hook so much. If you don't clean the coverstock after each session and refresh the coverstock by sanding back to the original finish, they will lose reaction.

StormGirl
10-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Did you clean the ball after every session? Modern bowling balls designed for hook on the heaviest conditions do absorb oil. That's the way they are able to hook so much. If you don't clean the coverstock after each session and refresh the coverstock by sanding back to the original finish, they will lose reaction.

Not meaning to thread jack here. Is it alright if you just clean the ball with cleaner? I was told cleaning the ball after every session will help keep the ball alive, but this is the first time hearing about sanding the ball as well.

The Mayor
10-13-2011, 04:16 PM
I should've been more clear. You don't need to sand to the original finish after each session, but it should be done every 12-15 games. The surface of the ball will change the more you throw it. Lower grits like 500 will actually get higher, where higher grits like 4000 will get lower. So if you like the way your ball rolls at 2000 grit, you have to sand it back to that finish after a few games, or else you're not really bowling with 2000.

StormGirl
10-19-2011, 12:33 AM
I should've been more clear. You don't need to sand to the original finish after each session, but it should be done every 12-15 games. The surface of the ball will change the more you throw it. Lower grits like 500 will actually get higher, where higher grits like 4000 will get lower. So if you like the way your ball rolls at 2000 grit, you have to sand it back to that finish after a few games, or else you're not really bowling with 2000.

Ah, thank you for clarifying. I did not know that the surface would change over time. Is it alright to sand it by hand? Also, a friend told me if you sand a ball too often, the ball will get smaller, and not roll the same. True? I hardly believed him, but he sounded so sure of himself.

The Mayor
10-19-2011, 09:47 AM
Ah, thank you for clarifying. I did not know that the surface would change over time. Is it alright to sand it by hand? Also, a friend told me if you sand a ball too often, the ball will get smaller, and not roll the same. True? I hardly believed him, but he sounded so sure of himself.

It's a lot harder to get a uniform sanding by hand, but yes you can do it. When you sand a ball, you are taking a small part of the surface away. However, it's so minuscule you'd never notice with normal maintenance sanding.

madapples
01-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Don't forget this ball needs an oil extraction process done on it every 40-60 games. I suggest 40 as the Nano soaks up a ton of oil and you lose reaction fast.

JAnderson
01-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Brent - at the beginning of the video, I was iffy about the layout on that strong of a cover, but it actually reads nicely on the condition. Great to see someone posting a video that doesn't claim to have a rev rate that's 600+ :)