PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Raptor P7 Ball - Strongest Ball Yet!

Mappa
07-24-2011, 03:07 AM
Let me say flat out… the MOTIV Raptor is quite honestly the strongest ball that I have ever thrown. This ball just loves the oil… but I’ve also used this monster on a medium house pattern, and was delightfully surprised. I am able to play at least an arrow left of where I normally play, yet the ball is still controllable. When I use my Raptor, people take notice. It definitely has that “awe” factor… or should I say “oohs and aahs!”

I punched up my Raptor using one of the conservative layouts (Pin 5” to PAP, Pin 5 1/2” to MB). I’m sure those adventurous types can get even more hook by using a stronger layout. The differential on this monster’s asymmetrical core is maxed out! (0.60)

The Raptor is an even arcing, heavy rolling ball that drives though the deck like no other. I’m looking forward to pulling this piece out the next time I venture on the Scorpion or Shark. I am sure the controllable power this ball demonstrates will be ideal on long, heavy sport patterns.

Here is a link to a video showing my ball reaction… enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyXpY03KbCI

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff Member

bowlers design pro shop
07-25-2011, 01:48 PM
I have enough games on this ball to give an accurate assessment of this ball. I was able to use it on a THS and the 2009/2010 PBA Viper, which is a really tough pattern. I was able to play outside and inside with good carry, on this high volume pattern. I have kept the cover at OOB, I see no reason so far to change it, I may change it on my second drilling, by adding some polish.

The layout I chose was 60X3X35 with a P3 weight hole.

When MOTIV said they were putting a ball on the market to compete with the high end equipment that would be the longest ball to date I got really excited. Everything MOTIV makes is first quality and hits with major authority. The new RAPTOR is amazing, really amazing, if you have any of another companies high end balls, you MUST try the RAPTOR. Motiv has lived up to alll the hype on this one, I get a clean move off the breakpoint, nothing snappy or jumpy, the ball goes long/strong and when it makes it's move, it goes and goes right threw the pin deck with that amazing MOTIV sound. This ball is fun!

If you did not pre-order, ask your pro shop when this ball will be in, you will be happy you drilled one of these.

David
Bowlers Design Pro Shop
PBA Member
Member MOTIV staff, www.motivbowling.com