PDA

View Full Version : Pro Shop Operators who don't get it!!!!

Trex
07-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Our local Pro Shop operator says that he just became a Storm Pro staffer!!

The problem with this guy, is that he swears that there is no such thing as a layout for a right or left handed bowler!!!

The last time I checked, Bowling balls still have cores in them, or at least a pancake weight block!!

The only way his theory would be correct is if a bowling ball did not have a core, or weight block!!!! Then and only then would the layout not matter!!!!

Sadly this stupid guy believes this crap and tells everyone that Storm told him this, and so he drills peoples balls so weak it's silly.....Meaning he puts the pin and cg in there track!!!!

If he does not put the pin and cg in your track, he will put a dry lane layout on your ball when you request a layout for HEAVY OIL!!!!

To me this is a crime that needs to be stopped!!!! This is wasting people's money and time!!!!

It would be like selling you a car and then removing the engine after you buy it, and then tell you this is how it is and if you don't like it then too bad!!!!

This guy is a liar and should not be in business!!!!!!

Trex
07-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Sadly bowlers don't learn about bowling ball core's, and layouts that create certain reactions depending on the bowlers release, and so these bowlers do not know the truth!!! and they believe this habitual liar!!!!! :rolleyes:

As for me I know the truth!!!!! :D

Trex
09-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Storm needs to investigate this guy and set him straight, or put him out of business!!

DanielMareina
09-19-2011, 02:09 PM
As a storm Pro Shop Staff member, that is disheartening. There are times for a pin to be on a bowler's track, but having the CG out there too is ridiculous. I am truthfully so stunned by the idea of this, I don't know what else to say. If you want to Private message me his name, I will mention it to Storm and see what they can do to educate him!

Trex
09-19-2011, 04:00 PM
As a storm Pro Shop Staff member, that is disheartening. There are times for a pin to be on a bowler's track, but having the CG out there too is ridiculous. I am truthfully so stunned by the idea of this, I don't know what else to say. If you want to Private message me his name, I will mention it to Storm and see what they can do to educate him!

I tried to Pm you, my settings are not correct ..So it did not go through the first time. I added you to my contacts so that it might get to you.

Thanks.

DanielMareina
09-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I got it and I am forwarding your message to the person in charge of all staff members. I will let you know what they say. It may be a week or two because there are two new releases coming out and multiple trade shows on the west coast, but I will keep on it.

Trex
09-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I got it and I am forwarding your message to the person in charge of all staff members. I will let you know what they say. It may be a week or two because there are two new releases coming out and multiple trade shows on the west coast, but I will keep on it.

Thanks very much Daniel.
Sincerely, Trex

gergy22
02-08-2012, 09:44 AM
although the drilling isn't all of the reaction it is still significant and that seems crazy that storm would even have the guy on staff. They are the toughest company to get staffed with so that is surprising.

DanielMareina
02-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Just incase someone else comes across this thread, the guy in reference was not a Storm Staff Member. Those of us that are lucky enough to be on the Storm staff take our job more seriously than this guy did. It speaks even higher to his character that he would mislead someone into thinking he was on the staff. Storm does a great job of picking quality people for their staff, and also making sure that we are well informed on how to drill their new technology.

got_a_300
02-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Just incase someone else comes across this thread, the guy in reference was not a Storm Staff Member.
That is a relief to know that he was not a real Storm Staff Member as I would hope Storm wouldn't have to dip that low
to find staff members. Every Storm Staff Member I've ever spoken to has been well knowledge in the area of ball drilling
and knew exactly what they were talking about it sounds to me like that guy was a hack and a wannabe.

Stormed1
02-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Just out of curiosity is he a Storm VIP Pro Shop? Because aall that takes is the $$$$ to join the program and many shops try and tell peeople they are "staff" when they do this

DanielMareina
02-13-2012, 11:16 AM
It is possible. I just know that I reported the problem to my regional head, and they wrote me back that he wasn't on the staff, and that they would look into it. Storm posts all their amatuer staff on their webpage, so I don't know why the guy would lie about it. I guess if you aren't good at your job, you got to have something as a selling point.

billf
03-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Storm's website has great info about balls and drilling on it. Sounds like this wannabe shop owner would learn from watching these. Is he still in business?

slmrcs
06-10-2012, 01:14 PM
These sort of people really hurt the entire bowling industry. After years of struggling with poor fits, I gave up bowling all together for 7 years. (it was not the only reason, but once I stopped for a few months due to other issues - the thought of getting back into it and struggling every shot to just hold onto ball felt - overwhelming). I only got back into bowling b/c I was able to figure out from on-line forum what pitches / span I really needed.

You can't expect people with bad equipment to keep on paying for bowling, and buying balls and everything. Now when I get something done - I don't ask pro-shop people for any advice. I tell them what to do. I honestly can not go into some pro-shops without over hearing the most idiotic advice being given. Bad drilling and selling beginning bowler balls that there is no way they can possibly get any benefit from.

And then when the equipment sucks, they tell you it's your fault for holding onto the ball too hard. That's their get out of jail free card - anything that's wrong and you here "don't grip the ball so hard"