PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had any bowling equipment stolen?

comfortably numb
08-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Now days, a lot of people are having bowling equipment stolen...even having to replace their entire arsenal. Has this happened to you, what did they steal, and how did it turn out?

The Mayor
08-02-2011, 04:42 PM
I had two balls stolen from right behind me while I was bowling once. I had just purchased them too.. That sucked.

comfortably numb
08-02-2011, 04:44 PM
So what did you do? Report it to management, or call the cops? I mean, without your name engraved on it, how can you prove ownership?

Trex
08-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Someone stole an old mans ball and shoes, he was walking around the bowling alley looking for it frantically (if that is how the word is spelled)...anyway...I felt sorry for him and gave him one of mine as I had three ebonite NVS's. I gave him one of them and said here....get the thumb plugged and re-drilled in the pro shop, it might cost you 20 bucks and at least this will give you something to bowl with until you can buy more balls, and shoe's.

He appreciated it very much he said, and it helped him stay in the senior league, so I was happy that I could help him out. :)

It pays to help others when you can, I just hate that someone could steal from someone, especially a senior who could not afford to replace what was stolen.

From then on he would say hello when he saw me, and would thank me again each time. It was good to see him continue to bowl.

I have not had any of my stuff stolen, not yet anyway, but I know of others that had it happen to them.

It's a good idea to keep record of the serial numbers on each ball..... :)