PDA

View Full Version : What's the scariest, worst storm you've ever been in?

comfortably numb
08-04-2011, 11:38 AM
Whether the weather is tornadoes, hurricanes, thunderstorms, hail, ice, blizzards, or torrential rain, we have all been thru some nasty stuff in our lives. What specific storm stands out to you as the very worst...where you maybe even feared for your life? What state was it in?

Trex
08-04-2011, 11:49 AM
I have seen two really scary Storms!!

comfortably numb
08-04-2011, 12:09 PM
During my first marriage, I had taken my stepson to see the movie "The Fugitive" and the wife and my 5 year old son were at home. This evil thunderstorm come down the coast from the north, and the movie shut off 2x during it's showing. We got out of the movie, and the lightening was so bad and storm so furious that we waited 30 minutes before it was safe to go to our car in the parking lot. Got home and the wife and my son had been cowering in a back hallway during the storm. Debris all over the yard. Can't imagine going through a tornado. Been through several low category hurricanes, but not as scary as that storm.

Trex
08-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Tornado's are scary!!

comfortably numb
08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
I remember one spring in the 60's in Michigan, we had tornado warnings every Friday for 4 weeks in a row, and had to run cowering to our basement, the southwest corner, and wait them out till the "all clear" horn sounded. No fun when you are a kid!

The Mayor
08-08-2011, 03:13 PM
When I was about 5 and my sister about 2, I remember one night we fell asleep laying in front of the TV watching Dan Rather. In comes this horrific storm and a tornado touches down outside our house and a giant oak tree lands directly on our house. My dad watched it fall through the house. My mom was sleeping at the time in her room and there were branches and scraps of house all on top of her, but she wasn't injured. The scary part though is mine and my sister's room was demolished. Nails, metal all in our beds and the largest part of the tree came through there. We definitely would've died if Dan Rather wasn't so boring.

comfortably numb
08-08-2011, 03:24 PM
When I was about 5 and my sister about 2, I remember one night we fell asleep laying in front of the TV watching Dan Rather. In comes this horrific storm and a tornado touches down outside our house and a giant oak tree lands directly on our house. My dad watched it fall through the house. My mom was sleeping at the time in her room and there were branches and scraps of house all on top of her, but she wasn't injured. The scary part though is mine and my sister's room was demolished. Nails, metal all in our beds and the largest part of the tree came through there. We definitely would've died if Dan Rather wasn't so boring.

Or, wouldn't you Rather say, instead, that SOMEONE was watching over you and your family? That's what really happened; in these cases, there is no such thing as luck.

The Mayor
08-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Yes, someone/thing definitely saved us that night. Of this I have no doubt.

comfortably numb
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Otherwise, we would be Mayorless!!

Trex
11-15-2011, 02:39 PM
A Tropical Storm.....

The Mayor
11-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Storms can definitely be super scary. I saw the most amazing picture this weekend of a tornado. Which I knew where I saw it.

HunterRunsIt
11-16-2011, 02:10 PM
The Storm Dimension, Scares me everytime I throw it.