PDA

View Full Version : Victory Road Solid Review by Jake Washington

STRMBWLRJK
08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I drilled my Victory Road Solid with a 70 X 5 1/4 X 40 layout. This is one of the most impressive mid-range balls I have ever used! Most solids I have used have been fairly smooth rolling and not too angular, but this ball can still get up and go on the backend. It is strong, but also still fits for me under my VG Nano and Marvel well enough to give me another option in balls to drop down to if I need it. If it starts becoming too strong for me to use, I can also drop down to my Victory Road Pearl and it fits perfectly under the Solid.
I have used the Victory Road Solid on heavier oil and I would normally use my Nano or Marvel on heavier oil, but the Victory Road Solid gives me another option if I need an early but different motion. I have also used it on the typical house shot, and it will probably be one of my favorite balls to start with when it is fresh. On shorter patterns, I can also start with it. Where the Nano or Marvel would generally be too early for me and lose too much energy, the Victory Road Solid is enough ball down the lane to still give me the entry angle I desire on short oil. When it becomes too much ball for me on shorter oil, I can go directly to the Victory Road Pearl or even my Anarchy and they both match up well under the Victory Road Solid.
The Victory Road Solid is strong in the mid-lane, but still has an angular motion at the break point. The Victory Road Solid is the perfect complement to the Victory Road Pearl and a unique piece to add to your arsenal.

Jake Washington
Storm Amateur Staff