PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Pearl Review by Jake Washington

STRMBWLRJK
08-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I used a 50 X 4 ½ X 30 layout on my Marvel Pearl. This ball gives me a little different reaction than I am used to seeing out of most pearls. Generally, most pearls have been long down the lane and angular at the break point for me. The Marvel Pearl is longer, and is strong at the break point but not necessarily angular. It hooks and basically sets in motion rather than being really angular and continuing to hook. This is the type of ball that I know I am going to get A LOT of use out of on various sport patterns and even on a lot of house patterns.
The Marvel Pearl is the perfect complement to the Marvel and even the Anarchy. The Marvel Pearl is longer and stronger at the break point than the Marvel, which means I can use my Marvel to burn a spot in a condition and use the Marvel Pearl once that area breaks down to really open up the mid-lane and allow a lot of room for myself. The Anarchy is actually longer than the Marvel Pearl and more angular at the break point for me, and it fits perfectly behind the Marvel Pearl and allows me to open up the lane further down the lane. Basically, the Marvel Pearl just filled a hole perfectly in my arsenal.
The Marvel Pearl is strong in the mid-lane and allows me to control the break point and backend more, and that is what I generally need on most sport patterns. Even on house patterns, for those that have a hard time controlling the sharp motion that most pearls tend to make, this could be the perfect ball for you.
Overall, I think the Marvel Pearl fits an area where most balls with pearl covers can’t, and I think it would be an excellent choice for just about any bowler!

Jake Washington
Storm Amateur Staff