PDA

View Full Version : Raptor P7

Superman
08-09-2011, 02:43 PM
The new MOTIV Raptor P7 is the latest and greatest heavy oil ball to hit the industry. Encased in the Formula-7 reactive coverstock and leaving the box at 4000 wet sanded, this ball is just the bully needed to beat up the lanes!! I drilled this ball with a 45x4.25x55 w/P2 hole. What that does for me is it places the pin 3/8” below my ring finger and kicks the mass bias 2” right of my thumb. The layout provides me an earlier roll on the lane with a strong and continuous almost skid/flip type backend motion through the pin deck. When I took the ball out to practice on the PBA Shark pattern, I found the ball/layout gave me the read I was anticipating without sacrificing back end aggression. This layout also provided me with area on the pattern without giving up the head pin. As the pattern transitioned the ball did not have a tendency to read earlier or die out as some heavy oil equipment does. A few lateral adjustments left maintaining the same shape on the lane and the ball continued to be just as strong as it was on the fresh. This ball is a fantastic addition to any bowler’s heavy oil arsenal.

David Schroeder
MOTIV Staff
Turbo Staff