PDA

View Full Version : Are you adding any new releases to your bowling ball arsenal this fall?

The Mayor
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM
So, as you know, our fall bowling leagues are fast approaching! Having the right equipment to match the conditions can really help improve your average.

Which (if any) of the new bowling ball releases will you be adding to your arsenal this year?

Some of the newest on the market are:

Roto Grip Critical Theory
Brunswick C (System) ulti-max
Motiv Raptor P7
Storm Marvel Pearl
Roto Grip Outlaw
Roto Grip Bandit
Brunswick Lethal Revolver
Brunswick Massive Damage
Storm Victory Road Solid
Motiv QZ2 Backdraft
900 Global Bank Roll
900 Global The NUTS

Personally, I'll be drilling up a Marvel Pearl, Storm Victory Road Solid and Storm Tropical Breeze. Also, probably a Motiv QZ2 Backdraft. The Marvel Pearl is a ball I've been looking for from Storm for about 5 years, a replacement for my original Agent. I've never seen a ball with so much length and such a strong smooth backend. The VRS is basically a remake of the T-Road Solid, one of my 3 favorite balls ever. And the Breeze is just an amazing dry lane ball. I'll be getting the Pink/Purple to support breast cancer.

So what are y'all gettin'?!

The Hulk
08-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I won't be snagging any from your list (or bowling in a league for that matter) but I'm looking to get a Lane #1 Curve sometime this fall to replace my Columbia 300 Resurgence. Got a baby coming in November, so any kind of league play will probably have to (continue) to wait.

Trex
08-09-2011, 08:17 PM
The only ball I will be adding is (Loaded Revolver) As I needed a few other things like new bowling ball roller bags. ...My old ones are worn out, so I had to order new ones from bowlingball.com. ...I also have a new ball spinner on the way. :)

Guess I'll be resurfacing my older stuff to try and help make use of what I have, because It may be a while before I can buy anything new.

Today I used my old Columbia Hyjinx, it has seen better days, but I done a quick resurface on it 180 500 1000 4000 abralon. Then gave it a try >Shot 216,215,210 ...So I was happy, not bad for such an old ball. :)

Simply
08-15-2011, 05:05 AM
I am looking to add one of more of these 6 bowling balls. Still reviewing as we speak but here's my short list, a couple of which you had listed:
Ebonite Signals
Hammer Epidemic
Brunswick Lethal Revolver
Roto Grip Critical Theory
900 Global Bank Roll &
Storm Virtual Gravity Nano (which came out last season late)

The Critical Theory & Bank Roll are very similar in nature and having the toughest time deciding which of those two I will like best. Kind of waiting on reviews from more bowlers upcoming...
Simply

The Mayor
08-15-2011, 08:41 AM
The Critical Theory is amazing. If you're looking for something that really hooks on the back part of the lane, I've never seen something react this hard on the backend!

Simply
08-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks, Mayor.... My local Pro Shop was steering me towards the Bank Roll but that might be because of the REWARD for putting up big numbers they pay out...

The Mayor
08-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks, Mayor.... My local Pro Shop was steering me towards the Bank Roll but that might be because of the REWARD for putting up big numbers they pay out...

Good point. The Bank Roll is also a very good ball, but steering someone to it just to possibly get a reward would be disappointing.

uplander
08-17-2011, 04:45 PM
I picked up the Motiv Raptor a week ago. Still trying to get feel for it. Man this ball really snaps at the backend.

Motivlution
08-17-2011, 06:40 PM
I haven't followed many of the "new this year" bowling balls, but I am looking to pick up a boll that is a somewhat short down the lane ball with some rev and drive through the backend. I've had a big problem with early braking balls rolling out before the pocket as I tend to have a more aggressive deep play style.

Trex
08-17-2011, 10:57 PM
I haven't followed many of the "new this year" bowling balls, but I am looking to pick up a boll that is a somewhat short down the lane ball with some rev and drive through the backend. I've had a big problem with early braking balls rolling out before the pocket as I tend to have a more aggressive deep play style.

You might want to consider this ball....unless you must stick with Motiv.
If not this ball I hear will not burn up and roll out. you can't always believe
everything you hear, but if it's true....I gotta have one!! :)

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-balls/Lane1/9218/Boom-R-ANG.html

I have heard that this ball will not burn up and roll out!! I want one so bad because of that very reason that you mentioned. One house where I bowl has a bad problem with causing many balls to burn up and roll out due to the oil pattern they put out on a certain league, so I would love to try this ball and see if it lives up to the hype!!

If I had the money I would buy one, but for now I must wait. :(

Watch the video of this ball, it looks like a hook monster even though it doesn't have that much flare potential....Must be the cover core combo is all I can figure. :)

Dude hooks this ball from far left corner board 38 to 39 on left side out to 5 board on right side and this ball comes flying back and hits and carries great!!!

Brad Pierce
08-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Hopefully adding either the Outlaw, or possibly the NANO to my collection sometime soon here. With a birthday coming up, I'll have some extra money to spend on gear.

Stormed1
08-23-2011, 05:53 PM
I already added the 3 new balls from Radical (Slant solid & pearl ,Times up). Will probably add a Bank Roll to the tournament arsenal a Nuts to my friday league arsenal and a Jewel to the Monday arsenal

The Mayor
08-24-2011, 08:29 AM
I already added the 3 new balls from Radical (Slant solid & pearl ,Times up). Will probably add a Bank Roll to the tournament arsenal a Nuts to my friday league arsenal and a Jewel to the Monday arsenal

How are you liking the Radical stuff? With Phil designing them I'm sure they're very good, just haven't really seen much of them.

Cistoran
09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
I picked up the following for the upcoming league.

Virtual Gravity Nano 4x4x2 on the drilling
Storm Tropical Heat Orange/Purple
Ebonite Maxim Captain Fireball

in addition to still using my old Hammer Raw Jacked

glen290
09-16-2011, 02:35 PM
I just got a virtual gravity nano, and am thinking about getting the outlaw...

remix
10-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Just picked up a Columbia 300 Encounter and 900 Global Wisdom.