PDA

View Full Version : USBC Junior/Amateur League Issues

Cistoran
08-10-2011, 12:14 AM
So I'm almost 18 (two months) and I work at the local bowling alley. This summer I bowled on an "adult"/amateur league with a prize fund and I plan to bowl on a fall league of the same type, both are USBC sanctioned. However, I am going into my senior year of high school. Our local high schools all have bowling teams that practice and compete at the bowling alley. Last year they weren't USBC sanctioned but this year they are thinking about it. My question is, will I be able to bowl on both leagues/teams or would I be breaking rules?

The Mayor
08-10-2011, 08:54 AM
Unfortunately, if you've been sanctioned in an adult USBC league, you won't be able to bowl in high school competition if it is USBC Youth sanctioned. Once you sanction for an adult league, you forfeit your youth eligibility. Now, if they aren't sanctioned, I'm not sure if they'll allow you to bowl or not. That will be up to your school/conference/state sports association. Hope it works out for you!

Cistoran
08-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately, if you've been sanctioned in an adult USBC league, you won't be able to bowl in high school competition if it is USBC Youth sanctioned. Once you sanction for an adult league, you forfeit your youth eligibility. Now, if they aren't sanctioned, I'm not sure if they'll allow you to bowl or not. That will be up to your school/conference/state sports association. Hope it works out for you!

This was basically my thoughts too. If they weren't sanctioned then I wouldn't see any reason why I couldn't bowl.