PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Elvis

The Mayor
08-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Today is the 34th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. What an impact this man had on the world. It seems like every year on this anniversary the love and remembrance is just as strong as it was the year before. There will certainly never be another Elvis.

What is your favorite song or moment? Or both!

I remember as a very small child watching a rebroadcast of his '68 Comeback Special. I remember being absolutely mesmerized. One of my first memories of music and of singing and it's a fond one.

My favorite song has to be 'An American Trilogy'. Such a powerful song and the note at the end is one of the greatest things ever. 2nd place goes to his version of 'Make the World Go Away'. He absolutely destroys this song (In a good way).

comfortably numb
08-16-2011, 11:06 AM
When Elvis took all his buddies on various outings and paid for everything, did they ever go bowling?

Kentucky Rain was always my favorite Elvis song. He was probably the top entertainer of all time, if you also look at his live concerts and movie career too.

Trex
08-16-2011, 11:14 AM
I also like the songs you listed, but... I also like many other of his songs, too many to list. :)

We have enjoyed going to Elvis's Graceland home in Memphis, I wish we could go this year, but other plans have got in the way. We have been three times, and enjoy the impersonators who sing at the event. Some are funny, and a few are really good and this one guy sounds just like Elvis.....No joke! ...There is one guy who really has that true Elvis sound, but of coarse he does not look anything like Elvis.

Elvis was a very special human being!! I don't care what people say about him in a negative way, everyone has there good points, and not so good, but Elvis was Truly a Great person and entertainer!!

I bet we will see him in Heaven some day. :)

The Mayor
08-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Kentucky Rain was always my favorite Elvis song. He was probably the top entertainer of all time, if you also look at his live concerts and movie career too.

That is my 3rd favorite. It's his best "country" song by far. He was awesome.

Trex
08-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Today is the 34th anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. What an impact this man had on the world. It seems like every year on this anniversary the love and remembrance is just as strong as it was the year before. There will certainly never be another Elvis.

What is your favorite song or moment? Or both!

I remember as a very small child watching a rebroadcast of his '68 Comeback Special. I remember being absolutely mesmerized. One of my first memories of music and of singing and it's a fond one.

My favorite song has to be 'An American Trilogy'. Such a powerful song and the note at the end is one of the greatest things ever. 2nd place goes to his version of 'Make the World Go Away'. He absolutely destroys this song (In a good way).

You may think that this is silly, but...after reading your post about Elvis, I decided to go bowling in Honor of Elvis. :)

Being that I had a cause to bowl for, it seems that I bowl better!! :)

I averaged 244 for four games at a house where I have been struggling as of late to average 210.
Funny how much the mental part of bowling affects your scores.

Sorry if I seem off topic....

How about you record your fav Elvis song, with the one and only "Mayor" singing of coarse, and post it for us?

If you don't want to I understand, Just thought I would ask. :)

The Mayor
08-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Nice bowling Trex! Glad I could inspire you to achieve greatness! lol :)

Trex
08-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Nice bowling Trex! Glad I could inspire you to achieve greatness! lol :)

You are the Man Mayor!! :)

While bowing I kept hearing Elvis sing...."Polk Salad Annie", "Gator got your Granny"!! LOL

comfortably numb
08-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Trex, you are brilliant!! Our very own Mayor recording and posting his favorite Elvis song! How about it Mayor, are you a good sport?

Trex
08-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Trex, you are brilliant!! Our very own Mayor recording and posting his favorite Elvis song! How about it Mayor, are you a good sport?

Please...... :)

With a bowling ball on top for Numb....lol

The Mayor
08-16-2011, 04:17 PM
I'll see what I can do!