PDA

View Full Version : OUTLAW - Versatility defined

Rotomike
08-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Let me start out by saying that I am a huge fan of the Nomad Solid and the Planet solids Saturn and Pluto. The Outlaw is the best of both worlds. Whether you want to call the ball a Pluto on steroids or a Nomad Solid that clears the fronts easier but still reads the mids and is strong on the back; I’m okay with either description.
Since I was going to only bowl on PBA Experience Patterns this summer I set my Outlaw up 45 x 4 ½ x 65. The pin is under the ring finger with the weight hole drilled at P3. I left the surface at box finish.

Night one I bowled on a version of Viper that had more push in the midlane than I was expecting. Instead of using either the Grenade or the Bandit, I pulled out the Outlaw. I played out and was able to control the lane. I made 2 and 1 or 3 and 1 moves in as the night went along but I never lost hit or even thought about changing balls. I threw a couple of shots very deep in the pattern and still struck. Bottom line is that I led the whole league by over 100 pins that night.

Night two I bowled on Chameleon. With two other players working the same part of the lane as I was (One playing up 5 and the other playing up 10) I knew the lanes would get choppy in the fronts with a big traction area down lane. Game one was a bit of a mess but as they broke down I moved in big time and switched to the Outlaw shooting 211, 200 and 236 winning the last three games.

Bottom Line: Whether I was playing up the edge or swinging the middle, the Outlaw gave me a very confident look and carry. For players that prefer solids to pearls this will be a ball that is extremely versatile. I will be drilling a pin up Outlaw as an addition to my arsenal for the upcoming season.

Did I mention the ROTO GRIP $100,000.
Roto Grip is also unveiling the Bandit & Outlaw Challenge. This gives any USBC bowler the chance to earn $100,000 by bowling a 900 series using either the Outlaw or Bandit in any USBC certified league!