PDA

View Full Version : Review: MOTIV Sigma Tour

MOTIVmags
08-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Sigma Tour

This was another one my initial MOTIV pieces drilled as a MOTIV Staffer. This ball presents a reaction that I haven’t seen from any manufacturer before! I wouldn’t characterize the ball as a skid/flip ball, but it does have the backend of one. Skid/flip balls get down the lane very easy and tend to have uncontrollable hook on the backend. For bowlers with more ball speed or that may like to play straighter skid/flip balls don’t come out of the bag too often. The Sigma Tour gets down the lane but picks up stronger in the midlane than a skid/flip ball, yet still maintains a very sharp backend motion. On medium to heavy oil conditions the Sigma Tour will really open up the lane by being able to play in deeper and still being able to really turn the corner!

My first session with the Sigma Tour was on Kegel’s Easy Street with a synthetic surface. On this pattern this would be my first and only ball needed for an entire set. I just slowly moved in as the set progressed and it created a great entry angle. Playing that deep I will typically see a few corner pins, this was not the case with the Sigma Tour.

You can see my video here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MOTIVmags?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/AmQAKoOUyeo

This will be a benchmark ball for just about anyone. It is strong enough to throw on the fresh, but is clean enough and can corner with deep angles on a lighter or broken down condition. The out of box surface is in between, allowing you to add surface to make it stronger overall or add polish to make it longer and stronger.

If you are looking for a ball to transition to after the Sigma Tour, look for my review on the QZ2 Back Draft!

If you haven’t drilled a MOTIV piece, make this your first. You won’t be disappointed!

Mike Magolan
MOTIV Staff Member