PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV QZ2 Back Draft

MOTIVmags
08-25-2011, 08:23 AM
QZ2 Back Draft

This is the 3rd ball of my initial MOTIV pieces drilled as a MOTIV Staffer. The Back Draft is very clean through the front part of the lane and then consistently reads the remainder of the lane. When I say “consistently” I mean, I never saw the ball jump too much (over react) or skid too far (under react). I would consider the ball to have a strong arc for the reaction shape (I did a milder pattern compared to my Raptor P7 and Sigma Tour).

My first session with the Back Draft was on Kegel’s Easy Street (Light volume) with a synthetic surface. This ball forced me to play a little straighter than I normally would on a fresh house pattern, but without sacrificing any carry. Other balls at this price level are allergic to carry down, but the Back Draft kept a strong arcing motion even with the carry down late in the session. Consistent ball reaction late in a set is a piece that will get a lot of use for me this season.

You can see my video here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MOTIVmags?feature=mhee#p/a/u/2/_k7Dh-r5eDM
(Video footage for this ball was taped after I had bowled on the lane for about an hour)

It’s hard to come by mild equipment that is also suited for tougher or sport conditions, but the QZ2 Back Draft will fill that void. It also completes an unbeatable trio right now all from MOTIV, between my Raptor P7, Sigma Tour, and QZ2 Back Draft I can compete on any condition!

If you are looking for other MOTIV equipment, go to my reviews on the Raptor P7 and The Sigma Tour!

If you haven’t drilled a MOTIV piece, you’re missing out!

Mike Magolan
MOTIV Staff Member