PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Bowling Centers

Trex
08-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Every Brunswick Bowling center I have ever been to, I have had no complaints what so ever!!

It seems that Brunswick centers are better managed, have better synthetic lanes, have better lane machines, and are simply kept more up to date with modern equipment.

Is this just a trend in my area, or is it this way all over the United States?

Have any of you noticed this?

All of the AMF centers I have been to seem to have problems with being able to put out a decent shot!! ... Is this due to the fact that there lane machines are junk?

What is it that makes Brunswick centers so much better?

The Mayor
08-26-2011, 11:27 AM
I would agree that for the most part, Brunswick centers are always nice, clean and well maintained. Their pinsetters are great and lane surfaces are top notch.

AMF is more focused on birthday parties and open bowling. However, there are some very nice AMF centers.

I would say the main reason that Brunswick owned centers are better for bowlers than AMF centers is because Brunswick is one of the big 3 bowling ball manufacturers. They need real bowlers to be bowling or who else is going to buy their high performance stuff? Birthday parties aren't buying an alpha-max or Loaded Revolver.

Just my $.02

Trex
08-26-2011, 09:38 PM
I would agree that for the most part, Brunswick centers are always nice, clean and well maintained. Their pinsetters are great and lane surfaces are top notch.

AMF is more focused on birthday parties and open bowling. However, there are some very nice AMF centers.

I would say the main reason that Brunswick owned centers are better for bowlers than AMF centers is because Brunswick is one of the big 3 bowling ball manufacturers. They need real bowlers to be bowling or who else is going to buy their high performance stuff? Birthday parties aren't buying an alpha-max or Loaded Revolver.

Just my $.02

That totally makes sense!! Thanks Mayor, Now I understand. :)

For once I finally get it!!! ....So glad I came here and became a member!! ... I've been scratching my head for so long trying to figure this out that I am going bald....lol

Now maybe my hair will grow back. :)

Brad Pierce
08-27-2011, 05:36 PM
For the Phoenix area, I'd have to disagree. The lines at Brunswick are always ridiculously long, due to the fact of only having one person at the desk at a time, and rarely have any lanes open. I've always been an AMF fan. The staff at AMF are more friendly, and helpful, in my experiences anyways. I haven't noticed a difference on the lane conditions or any of that, but at brunswick, they always seem to have more oil down on the lanes, which I can't say I don't like or dislike.

J Anderson
08-28-2011, 10:11 AM
In my area there are two AMF houses. One is bad and the other worse. The bad one has very dry lanes and call buttons that don't work. My father-in -law used to call the counter with his cell phone and even then half the time no one was answering the phone. The other has slightly better staffing on the counter, the same dry lanes, 30 year old scorers, and approaches like flypaper.
Of course, this is the same company the owned Harley Davidson when people would have parts falling off their brand new motorcycle as they rode out of the dealership.

StormGirl
08-30-2011, 02:30 PM
my experience at Brunswick is always great. starting from the staff to the lanes, everything is well maintained. we had 2 amf bowling centers here and they both closed down. think that says a lot on its own