Rev Rate = 400
PAP = 5 ¾, 3/8 up

The Ball: Motiv Raptor P7
Ball Specs = 15# RG = 2.46 Diff = .060 Mass Bias = .015
Layout Ball #1 = 45x4.5x30
Layout Ball #2 = 65x6x70
Axis Migration with layout = ball #1 = 8 inches, ball #2 = 5 inches
Surface = both 4000 polished

The Raptor P7 is by far the strongest and most continuous bowling ball I’ve ever used. The Purple and black cover with the green and white Neo-Mark graphics really make this ball stand out on the ball return, and the performance make it stand out on the lane. This ball doesn’t disappoint, and lives up to the hype. I’ve found that the cover doesn’t absorb oil as fast as the Cruel C51 covers or other brands strong cover stocks as well. That means the ball will not only clear the heads better but will help prolong the performance of the ball over the long hall.

Ball #1 with the 45x4.5x30 starts to read the several feet earlier then Ball #2 and is the better suited ball for longer patterns. I found Ball #1 to shine on 42 foot patterns and longer. Ball #1 even gave me more miss room to the outside then I have ever had, and out hooks my TR2 with a similar layout by more than five boards (with the TR2 being at 800 grit). It has a strong even roll in the midlane with non-stop continuation on the backend. This ball flares from my grip on the initial track to 2 inches from the other side of my grip, this ball doesn’t quit!

Ball #2 with the 65x6x70 has more length and a skid flip type reaction on a medium heavy pattern. When the shot starts to burn up it will start to read the midlane and have a smoother reaction but still retain the strong continuation and fast revving roll into the pins. Ball #2 is better suited for medium heavy patters, or longer patterns after Ball #1 starts to hook beyond what adjustments will allow. Keep in mind that even with the weaker layout the cover is still strong and in some cases a weaker shell is required for the burn. I’ve had plenty of success with Ball #2 on typical house shots and found the carry to be amazing.

Michael Mambourg
Motiv Staff
www.Motivbowling.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DkgqgeA9NI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMeBUB6q6n0