PDA

View Full Version : grand sons bowling

tracy
09-02-2011, 07:02 PM
we have been taking our grandsons bowling at least 2-3 times a week and they love it. they are 7 year old twins and are starting to bowl with out bumpers now. my one gs (right handed)has been throwing a hook from the right and hitting the 2 pin pocket like a lefty and sometimes all the way over to the 10 pin. i asked him how the ball fit his fingers and he told me " then showed me" that he doesn't have any fingers in the holes....unbeleivable i thought and it was true as i stood in front of him and watched him throw the ball. he said he learned it by playing the wii bowling game. go figure....maybe i should play wii !! like i told my wife, "you never know" he might have started something new. happy bowling

Cistoran
09-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Brooklyn balls can be fairly useful/effective. I throw a Raw Jacked Hammer and can consistently hit Brooklyn Strikes(on purpose) it makes it easier for me because if it doesn't strike I leave the 5pin instead of a 10 pin. It's all about what works for him not what is "right" or "wrong." Encourage him to keep at it and don't let others put him down.

The Mayor
09-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Interesting! I would encourage him to at least put his middle and ring fingers into the ball as he will have much more control that way. With no fingers in the ball it will be really hard to be consistent. Glad they are loving bowling!

tracy
09-07-2011, 02:39 PM
i remember in 1 st grade that they tried to change from lefty to righty but couldn't. the only thing that i do left handed is hold my fork and nothing else so i don't try to change him. atleast maybe putting one finger in the ball might try it with him and see what happens.i've been bowling almost going on 40 years and he's already telling me how to do it.lol ....happy bowling

glen290
09-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Great to see they are starting young...plenty of time to improve..