PDA

View Full Version : I'm a cranker... I think.

Mad Professor
09-04-2011, 06:19 PM
I got myself a new ebonite signals. It took me about 15 games before I really got acquainted with it.

I was rolling it like my old ball and it does a good hook nothing impressive. At release Thumb at 12 fingers at 6. But I wasn't satisfied with it. Pro shop said it had an aggressive hook.

I kept fiddling with my release watching my game top out at low 100's which is ok because it's not a league game. Then I did something in a 10th frame, I was getting frustrated, and I thought F**K IT! We're rolling it like this. *Ball held flat in my hand, cupped wrist with Thumb at 3, fingers at 9, Center board, 3 arrows right.

Released it with slight bend in elbows and quick snap in wrist from 9 to 4. Rode in then hook completely from right of the lane to the left into the gutter. WTF MATE?!

Did it again except two board left, 2 arrows right, did it again, hook right into the pocket.
Doing it like this my ball speed was consistent 14.5MPH, my hook was consistent and impressive and everything felt good and felt right.

I read up on it and I think I'm cranker.

But does it sound like I'm a cranker? Or am I a tweener?

I don't know but I like what the ball did down the lane. Nice and wide *finger holes* at the start and tightens up and goes center at the end.

Cistoran
09-04-2011, 08:25 PM
It sounds like you're a Cranker, I do the exact same thing except faster ball speed and very high revs. Keep at it until it becomes second nature to you and feels very natural.