PDA

View Full Version : Bandit Review

cmsubowler
09-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Hello everyone and thanks for watching. Here is the YouTube link to the video that goes along with this written review of RotoGrip's new Bandit :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6deBju_ZpY

If you have been keeping up with some of my previous reviews or know me personally, you will remember how much I loved the Nomad series for RotoGrip's middle price point performance. I thought it would be rather difficult to improve upon but I was certainly mistaken here. The Bandit is overall a 10. Hitting power length, breakpoint shape. If you love the overall motion of the Cell and Cell Pearl then the new mid-price line is gonna be perfect for you. The new core shape introduces a similarities to those while still maintaining an incredible ability to rev up in the midlane. As you can see from the video the Bandit clears the heads clean, revs up and then a nice strong backend movement which doesn't leave much on the deck. It has a little bit more hook stop action than the Nomad Dagger but this can easily be remedied through surface change.

Comparing to the Dagger in the video you will see how the Dagger needs a little more of the track area in order to gain some extra angle into the pocket where the Bandit stays on a tighter line towards the pocket and still retains entry angle.

Overall this will be a great addition to anyone's arsenal and will best be utilized for a stroker or tweener looking to gain some extra entry angle into the pocket without having to go to a ball that will force your feet too far to the left. Keep up the great work guys.