PDA

View Full Version : Critical Theory

cmsubowler
09-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Hello all and thanks for reading. Here is the link for the Critical Theory by RotoGrip where you can see my video review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gTwKcd5P6s

I really have to hand it to RotoGrip for putting yet another ball in the Theory line that I just cannot put down. What a great looking great performing and great hitting bowling ball. Full pearl with some surface and another winning combination. The pearl allows this ball to clear the heads very clean but the surface and core help pick up in the midlane but let me tell you when you allow a ball to store that much energy for the last 15 feet of the lane........ You might find the ball comes back but the pins may not want to.

I will mention for review purposes that this ball was the first one on a fresh oil pattern and it certainly didn't disappoint. I was left of 25 with my feet and throwing from the middle of the lane to the track area an watching it scream on the back part of the lane with ease. There is so much power stored in the ball that you do not need to add much. Great for players of all levels and rev rates.

Comparing to the Infinite Theory you can see how much straighter through the front part of the lane the Infinite will travel on its was to a strong arc motion while the Critical Theory will start further left, travel further right, and move off the break point like reactive compared to Urethane. But wow does this ball HIT HARD!!!! Keep up the Great work and I can't wait to see whats in the future for RG.

mcusseaux
02-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Can the Critical Theory be used on light or medium oil too (houseshot) since it is pearl?

martinezsam2495
06-06-2012, 03:21 AM
I want to get this ball so bad :D
I am planning on buying it,
can you give me details on it?

eugene02
06-06-2012, 06:34 AM
Critical Theory is a More towards Heavy oil ball. Medium - Heavy Oil ball. so.. i would say light oil / dry oil wouldn't be good to use this ball.. easy to get brooklyn or even just the 7 pin..

billf
06-06-2012, 08:03 AM
On medium oil you would have to change your line and open the lane up. Once they dry up some more it burns up too quickly and loses energy before the pocket. Great ball when used on the conditions it was designed for.

Etrain
06-06-2012, 09:14 PM
what kind of glove is that on your hand?

martinezsam2495
06-06-2012, 09:27 PM
On medium oil you would have to change your line and open the lane up. Once they dry up some more it burns up too quickly and loses energy before the pocket. Great ball when used on the conditions it was designed for.

I see, I currently have a hammer, not sure which series, but what ball that has good hook potential and will be good on house pattern is a good choice? I've heard the Nexus, Some of the Roto Grip, Columbia balls, and Storm balls would be a good choice.

billf
06-06-2012, 10:16 PM
Speed, rev rate, axis tilt, style of bowling all play a role in proper ball selection along with lane condition and type. I can hook any ball on a house pattern but that doesn't mean I necessarily want to work that hard all the time. Plus you named one model and three manufacturers. Not all Storm, Roto-Grip or Columbia balls would be an ideal choice.

eugene02
06-06-2012, 11:45 PM
I would say all brands ball would have as much hook as each brand has.. it's just how you use it.. Whats the coverstock all this that suits you better.. I've seen my pro shop area guy drilling his ball.. Instead of a Solid Dark Encounter, he drilled a Pearl Encounter and sanded it because he preferred pearl cover stock than the solid one.

martinezsam2495
06-07-2012, 12:17 AM
I see, house patterns usually have medium oil patterns? Or how can I tell what my local one has, I know asking the guy in the counter would probably be a great step, but I doubt he knows much about bowling,
-_-

eugene02
06-07-2012, 12:48 AM
ask the maintenance guy how is the lanes oiled, he should know it pretty well.. Because his the person that is operating the machine to oil the lane.. Ask the people there.. they will know.. tell the pro shop guy what you want. they will recommend you..

JerseyJim
06-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Can the Critical Theory be used on light or medium oil too (houseshot) since it is pearl?

It would burn out on light oil. You can use it on medium oil however be prepared to move early and often.

martinezsam2495
06-07-2012, 12:58 AM
ask the maintenance guy how is the lanes oiled, he should know it pretty well.. Because his the person that is operating the machine to oil the lane.. Ask the people there.. they will know.. tell the pro shop guy what you want. they will recommend you..

I'll ask the maintenance guy, I only see him if I go early before league other than that he is no where to be found... *spooky, haha
There is no pro shop where I bowl at unfortunately. :/ I would have to find one separately, but the next time I go to Del Rio I'll ask the pro shop guy there and see what he has to say