PDA

View Full Version : electrical tape?

Mad Professor
09-10-2011, 05:40 PM
My thumb has shrunk this week and now I can't hold on to the ball without my thumb coming out on the back swing. I had some bowlers tape but I ran out and the proshop is closed.

Can I use electrical tape as bowlers tape? My league is sanctioned by USBC. Is it allowed?

J Anderson
09-10-2011, 06:28 PM
My thumb has shrunk this week and now I can't hold on to the ball without my thumb coming out on the back swing. I had some bowlers tape but I ran out and the proshop is closed.

Can I use electrical tape as bowlers tape? My league is sanctioned by USBC. Is it allowed?
I don't think there is any rule against it. I used to use it back when i was too cheap to buy bowler's tape. Since its smooth, I would put it on the back side of the thumb hole. the down side of using it is that it will leave a sticky residue when you take it out after your thumb swells back to normal.

The Mayor
09-12-2011, 08:32 AM
I don't think there is any rule against it. I used to use it back when i was too cheap to buy bowler's tape. Since its smooth, I would put it on the back side of the thumb hole. the down side of using it is that it will leave a sticky residue when you take it out after your thumb swells back to normal.

Exactly!

phonedrn8
09-20-2011, 04:07 PM
what size tape1/2inch?

JerseyJim
09-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Depends on the size of your thumb hole, I prefer 3/4". Otherwise, I would have to put 2 1/2" pieces of tape side by side to get a decent feel. The one problem with electrical tape is that it will leave a residue when you take it out. Even some bowling tape will do the same thing. I carry a couple of packets of tape residue remover, or a small bottle of Goof-Off.