Weight hole is 5" straight across

BOWLER STYLE
Rev Rate: High per C.A.T.S
Ball Speed: 18
PAP/Track: 5” across ½” down

SURFACE PREP
OOB

BALL REACTION
After punching her up, I pulled this nugget out for its first toss at a tournament featuring the USBC pattern. It was easy to see this was not any USBC pattern I've experienced as it had mucho friction. Needless to say, the Marvel Pearl had no chance in my hand so I put her to sleep in the bag. The next time I bowled was on Kegel's Dead Man's Curve a week later and finally I had a chance to release the beast. What was apparent was the the mid lane motion is plain different from my Victory Road. The Marvel rolls "heavier" in the mids but like the Victory Road, it too was not scared to get up and stand up when I wheeled her out. The Centripetal core is known for being rolly but the R2X cover wakes this core up nicely.

The Marvel Pearl reminded me of the Blue Thunder (1997) and I looooved that ball! So what is so similar? When you throw the ball, you can just watch the core at work and thank you bowling Gods for the pearl cover that inspires the ball to skid a little further than the core wants to go. Man, when the energy transfer finally hits the cover, the ball makes a STRONG arc and just throws some mean bows to any pin between it and the 8 pin. When I do get a little carefree with her, the 6 pin has used an open backhand slap on the 10 pin.

HELLO BOOMERS!!! Use this ball when the heads have oil and the back ends aren't going sideways as this ball is not timid. For those who release the ball with a little less rotation, this ball will give you something not to skidish and you will have that angle you need to carry. If you're having a rough day, just smell the aromatherapy to relax.

COMMENTS
Dislikes: none to report yet