PDA

View Full Version : Finally, It all clicks.

NoMercy
10-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Hey all. Thought I'd take a moment to extend a communal thanks to everyone who posts on this site. I've been lurking since around August. I've gotten back to bowling after about 10 years of only casually playing once or twice a year. I've come back looked and shopped around and made the decision to buy some equipment based on some evaluations by people here along with talking to locals. I have been carrying around a 145 average since getting back into it and was getting discouraged as I used to carry a 180+ average when I was in a league and just could not seem to get back to those games. Then last week I came around and searched here and on the web and really studied some things. Then this past week I had that "Eureka!" moment. It all clicked just like it was supposed to. I hit my marks, the pins carried and I had the best series I've had in a long, long time. So what were my games that prompted me to say thanks? First game was a 170, followed by a 186 and then a 224. So I had to come and express my appreciation to everyone. Continue the posts. Even though I don't normally comment I am paying attention to what you say and what you've shown. Thanks All.

The Mayor
10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Glad you're back to form and glad we could help! Keep up the good work and we hope to hear more from you on here!

kev3inp
10-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Just two words: YEAH BABY! Good shooting. :)

glen290
10-27-2011, 05:29 AM
Great scores there, its great when it clicks together..:D

TCDale
11-08-2011, 06:33 AM
I am hoping to hit that area myself. Just frustrated as I haven't been able to practice as much as I want. I probably only have say 14 practice games on my new ball, and I still am trying to learn it.

I love coming here and reading the advice and help. Sometimes it is above my level of expertise, but I read a lot and try to learn as much as I can before I go again. Thanks for all your help. I have a long list of questions, and frustrations, and I will post in another thread to not hijack this one. I will try to do that soon.

StormGirl
11-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Nice bowling. Don't be shy to post more often! Especially about any questions you have.

HunterRunsIt
11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Congradulations pal, Keep it up!

HunterRunsIt
11-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Congratulations* Boy don't I feel stupid.

vgw
11-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Great job. After being off for about 7 years myself, I am finding my accuracy on spares is not as good as it used to be. Luckily, I am making up for it with more strikes though. I am surprised how well I can bowl without practicing much at all, but I think practice is obviously the key to getting better, so if you have more time to practice, the better.

phonedrn8
11-19-2011, 11:25 PM
keep up the good work!!!!!!!!