PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Raptor Review

Bronson
10-19-2011, 10:23 AM
The Motiv Raptor is an excellent choice for medium to heavy oil lane conditions. This ball hooks while easily getting through the front of the lane. When the ball hits the breakpoint it has a strong backend reaction with continuation of hook through the pins. I can always count on this ball to give me the reaction that I need when the lanes are oily or have carry down. I even threw this ball on dry lanes during a rock and bowl and was able to cleanly get the ball down the lane while playing 20 out to 5 and watch it pound the pins.

What I like most about this ball is its versatility. You can leave the cover in its box finish, 4000 wet sand, or you can dull the cover to get that extra bite through the oil. Either way the pin carry is superb. I have used this ball on various conditions from a medium oil pattern at 33 foot and a heavy oil pattern at 45 foot and on both wood and synthetic surfaces. The Raptor is very predictable so I can quickly get a good read on the lanes to choose the best line.

I am right handed and throw the ball at 17mph. The ball is drilled 85x50x4 with no hole and was left at the factory finish of 4000. I use the Motiv Power Gel Scuff to keep the ball clean and ready to react at all times. If you want a ball with more reaction then this would be a great choice. Thank you Motiv for another excellent ball to add to my arsenal.

Bronson Schalizki
“Motiv Staff Member”
www.motivbowling.com

PSBA10
10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm curious about one thing. Why are 99% of Motiv's reviews generated by "Motiv Staff Members"? It is very rare to read an "unbiased" review of Motiv products. I know there are many Motiv balls in use. Some by friends of mine.

The other question I have is why not do a search on this, or any board for that matter, for an existing review of the subject ball. On this board there are at least 9 reviews of this ball most with no responses. Most are repetitive, touting the company ball advertisement.

I'm done. Sorry for the rant.

StormGirl
10-20-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm curious about one thing. Why are 99% of Motiv's reviews generated by "Motiv Staff Members"? It is very rare to read an "unbiased" review of Motiv products. I know there are many Motiv balls in use. Some by friends of mine.

The other question I have is why not do a search on this, or any board for that matter, for an existing review of the subject ball. On this board there are at least 9 reviews of this ball most with no responses. Most are repetitive, touting the company ball advertisement.

Well the ball rolls different for everyone, and the drilling isn't the same. My guess is they want people to know the different type of reactions they can get. Check Storm's area, a lot of those reviews are "Storm/Roto Grip" Staff.

Bronson
02-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Thank you StormGirl. Yes most reviews are by staff members. The reviews are written so that you can gain valuable information on how a ball works for different types of bowlers and with different layouts. Hopefully this helps in you ball purchasing decisions so that you pick a ball that works for your game.

bowl1820
02-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Part of the reason I think too, is that smaller companies are more regional. And unless the forum has a lot of people in that region, you wont really see those companies products reviewed much.