PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Raptor Review

emciver79
10-21-2011, 11:01 PM
MOTIV Raptor P7

Need something in your arsenal that reads the lanes early and continues to drive towards the pocket? The Motiv Raptor P7 does this. This is a very strong asymmetrical Predator core, rated at a 2.46 RG. You will get the early movement that you need on the patterns with the most oil. It has a flare potential of 7”+!

I drilled this ball in a relatively strong position with the pin at 3 3/8 from my PAP, stacked CG and a hole between my PAP and my thumb. I took the cover down to a 2000 wet sand. I am a higher speed/higher rev type player. This layout/ball combination gets me through the heads very clean, hits the mark, grabs, and never stops rolling towards the pocket. It works on a wet THS and gives me a lot more room when playing on PBA patterns such as Scorpion and Chameleon. I feel like off of my hand, it is trying to grab the lane, and it never stops rolling. I can play straight up or move my feet in and cover more boards.

This is defiantly a ball that will always be in my bag. I use the Motiv Sigma Tour as my benchmark ball, and then either go to my Raptor when I need a stronger reaction, or move to my QZ2 Backdraft or QZ2 Pearl if I need more length. The Raptor definitely fills the need for that strong ball in your bag for those medium to heavy oil lanes.

Eric McIver
MOTIV Staff Member