PDA

View Full Version : Storm Frantic Review by Amateur Staff Member Jake Washington

STRMBWLRJK
10-26-2011, 03:50 PM
I drilled my Frantic with a 65 X 4-1/2 X 40 degree dual angle layout. I used a 7/8” drill bit to drill an extra hole and inch below my axis point, 2-1/2” deep. Building off of the success of the R2S Hybrid Reactive coverstock used on the Hy-Road, the Frantic comes with the same cover on top of the N.O.S. core that was used in the 2Fast and 2Furious. The Frantic compliments my Hy-Road very well. It is the perfect step down when my Hy-Road becomes stronger than what I need. The hybrid cover also helps the Frantic read the mid-lane sooner than a pearl cover, which makes the backend reaction smooth and predictable. The Frantic still goes a little longer down the lane than my Hy-Road before starting to make its move, and creates more angle at the break point. Also, I am able to go to my Frantic from my VG Nano Pearl and Marvel Pearl without there being a huge gap in between each ball in terms of reaction, if necessary. Overall, I am very impressed with the Frantic. For any bowler needing a strong, predictable reaction at an affordable price, the Frantic is definitely the way to go!