PDA

View Full Version : New guy on the block

JOERUSSIA
10-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Hey guys looking to get into bowling, mabye a team or just solo. I was wondering what would be a good entry level bowling ball that I could use for a while so I could get my swing right? Also if you have any tips or pointers that would be helpful as well.

J Anderson
10-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Any ball, as long as it fits well and is a comfortable weight will let you get your swing right.

My best advise would be to work with a coach, either a friend who's an experienced bowler, or a paid instructor. Most of us can only tell that we've done something right or wrong but can't tell what it was.

JOERUSSIA
10-27-2011, 12:59 AM
What is a good entry ball to start off with?

Pi Guy
10-27-2011, 01:58 AM
The Ebonite Cyclone has suited me well. Guy at the pro-shop said it was a good entry level ball. It didn't break the bank either.

The Mayor
10-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Hi Joe, welcome to the site!

Really anything in the entry level reactive range is going to be a good starting point. The Storm Tropical Heat or Tropical Breeze, Brunswick Slingshot, 900 Global Hook, Ebonite Cyclone. Also, the Motiv Recon RX1 Silver would be a good choice.

HunterRunsIt
10-27-2011, 01:24 PM
I started off throwing a ball my dad gave me that I got drilled. It was a Storm Dimension it was decently reactive and was a good ball. Im now throwing a Ebonite Vital Sign which is a lot of ball. But I would look into maybe getting a low performance or an entry level ball. Talk to your local proshop owner.

JOERUSSIA
10-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Hey thanks guys really informative im stuck between the nomad rhe RX1 and the 900. leaning towards the nomad but also lookin at the other balls you guys said. I also and wondering as to what shoes I should get. Any advice?

Trex
10-28-2011, 07:03 AM
Hey thanks guys really informative im stuck between the nomad rhe RX1 and the 900. leaning towards the nomad but also lookin at the other balls you guys said. I also and wondering as to what shoes I should get. Any advice?

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-shoes/Dexter/9420/Men-s-SST-8-Black-Red.html