PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Solid Ball Review by bowlingball.com staffer Tony Ruocco

truocco
10-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Introducing the most aggressive ball in the history of Brunswick, the Brunswick Nexus f(P+F) Solid bowling ball!

Pin to PAP(5 1/8" over 1/8" up) - 5 1/4"
Dual Angle Layout - 45* x 5 1/4" x 65*
Balance Hole - 1" x 3" P3

Surface Preparation - Out of Box (500; 1500 Siaair)

What I Was Looking For In This Ball Layout:
We knew Brunswick had put all new technology into the Nexus series. Obviously the P + F was meant for heavier volumes of oil and its intention was to cover more lanes and create more friction.

We used a common layout for our test balls that allows us to see the full potential of the ball without making the ball motion to specific to a certain lane condition.

We expect this ball to still clear the heads but to start a very strong roll in the middle part of the lane and transition strongly at the breakpoint.

What I Ended Up With in the Ball and Layout:
You need to give Brunswick another look with the release of this ball. The ball motion the have been producing in their last few releases is totally different than what we saw just a few years ago.

The Nexus P + F is something that everyone has wanted from Brunswick for a long time. This ball was easily the strongest Brunswick ball I ahve ever thrown. This ball saw oil and laughed at it, every shot I threw the ball seemed to get better and better.

Off my hand the ball held well, not reading the heads to quickly and giving me plenty of roll. As the ball got past the arrows and started getting into the backend it picked up a very strong motion and kept driving right through the deck. There was no question of this ball coming back and hitting like a truck.

The overall motion and hook of this ball puts it right up there with any of the other brands high performance balls. The really nice part about the Nexus series is that Brunswick not only hit it out of the park with the ball motion but it also looks fantastic as well. If you have been thinking about trying a Brunswick ball again this would be the time, the Nexus is a whole new motion for them and I love it.