PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Pearl Ball Review by bowlingball.com Staffer Tony Ruocco

truocco
10-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Introducing the ball with the most length in the history of Brunswick, the Brunswick Nexus f(P) Pearl bowling ball!

Pin to PAP(5 1/8" over 1/8" up) - 5 1/4"
Dual Angle Layout - 45* x 5 1/4" x 65*
Balance Hole - 1" x 3" P3

Surface Preparation - Out of Box (500; 1500 Siaair, Rough Buff Polish)

What I Was Looking For In This Ball Layout:
With the release of two new high performance balls from Brunswick we knew that they were going to give us two totally different looks at the pocket. The Nexus P + F was obviously meant for heavier oil and the Nexus P Pearl was meant to give you more length with a strong recovery motion.

We drilled the two balls identical to see what they did up against each other. From what we heard and read on the balls we expected to see
at least an 8 board difference and a much more down and in motion from the pearl.

What I Ended Up With in the Ball and Layout:
We were very surprised with how much difference Brunswick was able to give us in the two ball motions. Sometimes you get two ball released together and
although they are different at the end of the day they kind of do the same thing. Definitely not the case here.

I was an easy 8 boards right with this ball compared to the solid P + F. The ball motion did produce the most length I have seen from a high performance Brunswick ball but they managed to give it a strong angular motion with that. I was able to play a part of the lane that I normally have to sacrifice performance to play on.

With this ball I was able to move right and really open up my angle allowing my carry to go through the roof. I will say this motion is much different then we are used to seeing not only from Brunswick but from a high performance release. Do not be fooled this ball is sneaky strong and moves more then you may think downlane.

All in all the Nexus P and Nexus P + F give you two really good looks and two ball motions that will compliment each other very well on the lanes.