PDA

View Full Version : Frantic Review by bowlingball.com Staffer Tony Ruocco

truocco
10-27-2011, 02:38 PM
You'll never see the pins fly off the deck as fast as you will with the Storm Frantic.

Pin to PAP(5 1/8" over 1/8" up) - 5"
PSA Layout - 5" x 3 3/4" x 4 1/4"
Balance Hole - 1" x 2" P2

Surface Preparation - Out of Box (1500 Grit Polished)

What I Was Looking For In This Ball Layout:
So I admit to being a little ignorant on this release. I did not pay any attention to it since I was so excited about the Nano Pearl. I told our tech guy in the office to lay it out and we would see what happens. All I knew is the ball was loud and I thought it looked kind of cool and would look awesome going down the lane.

As you can tell by the layout we went with something fairly simple and this layout usually provides me with a really clean look through the front and an aggressive motion off the break point. Given this ball has a shinier surface I expect to see plenty of movement down lane.

What I Ended Up With in the Ball and Layout:
Ok, once I threw this ball one time I realized I had something special here. I went back to check on the tech specs and realized that this was basically a Hy-Road with a weaker core like in the 2Fast and 2Furious. Anyone who has thrown these balls will now that's a great combo.

Besides the fact that this ball is crazy loud looking and really grabs your attention going down the lane. The ball motion is unbelievable. Imagine if you will a Hy-Road that goes longer and on the right condition actually comes off the point stronger and more angular, that is the Frantic.

After my test I had to make sure that I was not hypnotized by the colors and that the ball really did roll as good as I thought. As soon as I saw the footage for our video I knew it was true. A R2S Hybrid coverstock (Hy-Road) with the N.O.S core (2Fast/2Furious) is possible the best combination you can imagine for a Hot Line ball that will let you do whatever you want to with it.

You have to get one of these and see what I mean.

ormond pro shop
10-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Will the Frantic be a good replacement for my Hy-Road ?