PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl Ball Review by bowlingball.com Staffer Tony Ruocco

truocco
10-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Get everything you got the from Nano in a pearlized cover!

Pin to PAP(5 1/8" over 1/8" up) - 4"
PSA Layout - 4" x 4" x 2 1/2"
Balance Hole - 1" x 2" on PAP

Surface Preparation - Out of Box (1500 Grit Polished)

What I Was Looking For In This Ball Layout:
First of all I would like to say that this was possibly the most anticipated release of the year for me. I completely love the Virtual Gravity line
including the Virtual Gravity Nano released earlier this year. But in my opinion that ball pearlized has to be one of the best balls ever seen by
the bowling industry. Even though I am not currently bowling league I was excited to drill this ball and throw it. That does not happen very often, now on to the review.

As every bowler in the world knows by now the VG Nano was arguably one of the best balls made by Storm. But if you are a higher rev player you would appreciate seeing it in a pearlized cover so that with all that power we can move a little further right and really open up the lane. Well Storm has answered our prayers and we expect the Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl to do just that. Pack all that power into a pearlized package and let us play further right.

Since we all like to see the ball hook we kept the layout stronger then normal for a Storm ball and expect to see plenty of down lane movement out of this ball.

What I Ended Up With in the Ball and Layout:
Exactly what I wanted and exactly what I think Storm needed. The Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl speaks for itself on the lanes.

The ability to move right with a ball that strong is a deadly combination on today's oil patterns. It is not often that you can take such a strong piece
of equipment, drill it very strong and play in the highest scoring area of the lane possible for multiple games.

The Virtual Gravity Nano Pearl does all of the above and looks absolutely wonderful doing it.

My review on this ball is a waste of time if you have already watched the video. There is nothing I can say that would tell you something you can not see for yourself by watching our video review.

The Nano Pearl is strong - check
The Nano Pearl is amazing - check
The Nano Pearl will blow away the competition - check
The Nano Pearl is the next ball you should buy - check

Trex
10-29-2011, 07:57 AM
I don't think your review is a waste of time, in fact I have seen the video, but still appreciate your description of what you experienced. It is very helpful to know the details described by the Person trying out the ball, and how much they liked or disliked the reaction, and how they describe the reaction.

The extra details in your review helps me decide if the ball is something that might work for me, and or work on the lane condition that I bowl on. Sometimes I cannot always try a ball before I buy, and so reviews like yours are very informative, and very helpful.

I thank you for sharing this info, as it is very helpful. :)