PDA

View Full Version : Nomad Dagger First Impression

bowl1820
11-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Well threw the Dagger for the first time on my Tuesday League. It looked pretty good, I wont say I shot some big numbers I didn't.
I've been bowling pretty bad the last few weeks.
What the ball showed me was I was right to go to a hybrid or a Pearl ball. The lanes have a lower volume of oil and even polished the Nomad solid was reading the lane too early.

Some spec's on the ball
Its 15# with a CG to Pin distance of 2 5/8", pin to pap 4 1/4", cg to pap 4 3/4".
The surface was the same as my Nomad Solid, what I feel is close to the OOB 1500grit polished.
I used a wore piece of 800 grit followed by some lane masters polish.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/aloarjr810/bowlingballs/rot_nomad_dag.jpg

The layout is very similar to the Solid which has a pin to pap of 4" and is a 16# ball. The ball reaction is very close to the solid.
But it was much cleaner through the heads, where the solid was reading friction. The dagger was able to go longer before seeing the dry. It then had a stronger and little sharper turn at the corner.

It allowed me to play the same line I was using with the solid at the higher volume of oil that was working good for me before. Now I've only played three game with it so far, But I think I'll do better next week. Now that I've got a little feel for the ball. The ball would really sit if I tugged it, left a lot of tens and nines doing that.If I leaked it out it would come back, but I would leave some splits doing it at the beginning of the night. As the lanes broke down though I could get away with it more.

After I've threw it some more I should be able to give a more in depth review.

As a extra here's a picture of the dagger under black light showing the oil lines in the the ball cover after three games. (you cant see these lines in normal light)
The ball had been thoroughly cleaned after bowling (using Tac-Up), but you can still see where the oil had soaked in.
I applied some Clean N Dull later and was able to remove more of these lines (Clean N Dull still rules for pulling oil out).
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/aloarjr810/bowlingxtras/dagger_oillines.jpg

bowl1820
11-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Well 2nd week with the Dagger, now we're starting to see something. Took what I learned last week shot 651 (224-213-214) and won 3 out of 4 brackets.