PDA

View Full Version : The Search Begins. . . .

BallBuster
11-06-2011, 09:36 PM
This fall season is the first I've bowled in 5 or 6 years. I'm currently throwing a 14lb Storm X-factor Vertigo and a 15lb Columbia Messenger Titanium(3 perfect games with it). They are both great balls but were bought for a different house and don't react as well for my current alley. I honestly don't know the particulars of my oil pattern, but I know it's WIDE and SLICK with not a lot of reaction on the back end. I walk into the pro shop and I don't recognize a single ball on the shelf. Can anyone tell me what type of balls are great for a late skid/snap type bowler? Thank you, -Keep it Rollin!

The Mayor
11-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Can you tell us a little bit about your style? Speed, rev rate?

It's hard to suggest a specific ball without seeing you bowl, but I will tell you some of the bowling balls out now that have this type of reaction and are successful.

Storm Virtual Gravity NANO Pearl, Roto Grip Critical Theory, Storm Anarchy, Brunswick C.(System) ulti-max, Columbia Encounter, Taboo Blue/Silver, DV8 Hell Raiser

StormGirl
11-08-2011, 01:17 PM
What the Mayor said is spot on. If you're looking for a little more skid flip, I may try looking into the Marvel Pearl.

BallBuster
11-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Ok I've never been to an alley that measured my speed so that was a complete mystery as well as rev rate. I do know I am a stroker, and after much youtube research(lol) I have a VERY similar style, speed, and rev rate as Danny Wiseman. Take off 10-15% of the speed and revs and it's about the same exact delivery. I've tried playing a straight "down and in" shot but with little success, adjustments are even more difficult considering 70% of my league plays that line. So I'm forced to play the skid/snap across the lane, but my equipment lacks the back end power. I hope this helps at all. and thank you

-Keep on Rollin!