PDA

View Full Version : Looking For a New Ball

Josch
11-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Right now I have an Ebonite Cyclone and a Columbia 300 White Dot as a spare ball. The cyclone works great on medium and dry conditions but is not aggressive enough in heavier oil. I'm looking to add a new ball to my arsenal probably around early January. I have a near 90 degrees axis rotation with average revs and around a 13mph throw, which seems to be increasing. I usually throw the ball somewhere between the 2nd and 4th arrow. I'd prefer to use an Ebonite International brand since that is what my local pro shop carries and as a league bowler I get 25% off with a free thumb slug and lesson. I've been looking at the Ebonite Warning Sign. Do any of you have any other suggestions or do you think the Warning Sign would be a good choice?

The Mayor
11-16-2011, 12:25 PM
I'd take a look at the Columbia Benchmark. This will be a great step up from your Cyclone. It's not designed for the heaviest oil, but it will hook much more than what you have now. The Warning Sign would be another good choice along with the Hammer Arson and Track 716C.

got_a_300
11-27-2011, 05:48 AM
If you're wanting to stay with the Ebonite brand then the Ebonite Warning Sign
might be a good choice. My go to ball that I have been using a lot lately is the
Ebonite Evolve as it is one of the best balls I have in my arsenal at the moment
even though it has been around on the market for quite sometime it is still a great
ball.

HunterRunsIt
11-27-2011, 09:21 PM
The Ebonite Vital Sign carrys well in heavy oil, I've heard the Mission 250k does as well. If you want to stray away from ebonite I would suggest the Storm VG Nano Pearl.