PDA

View Full Version : Whats on your playlist.

HunterRunsIt
11-22-2011, 11:29 PM
I like to listen to music when I practice! I was wondering what you guys listen to if you listen to music when you practice!

-I listen to a QuickMix On pandora

Alot of-Lil Wayne
System of a Down
Metallica and ACDC
I listen to a mess of music!:cool:

HunterRunsIt
11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
I guess absolutely nothing :).

tumblebug1949
11-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Hi HunterRunsIt,

I had never thought of listening to music while practicing. I will have to think about that. If I did turn on some tunes with my iPod, it would be country.

I stopped at the lanes in Franklin the other day. The HiWay, I think. I had mentioned to you I needed to get a ball drilled and was looking for some guidance about a ProShop. The ProShop was closed. They are only open on Tue, Thur, and Sat now. That was not a problem because my new ball has not arrived yet. The Owner was very nice and tried to help me as much as he could. My main problem is I have only rolled an ancient ball that tends to roll straight. The new ball has 4 possible layouts and not having rolled a ball that has any grip on the lane, I have no idea which layout pattern I need. The owner, let me use two of his personal bowling balls to see how they reacted. The holes were slightly tight so I couldn't figure out much but it was great that he would do that for me. The facility was great. Best I have seen so far.

Thanks for letting me know they were there.

Tom

littlelegs
12-02-2011, 03:06 PM
I don't listen to personal music when I practise as to be honest I welcome the distractions. One of my biggest issues is mental i.e. I can become way too easily distracted by people on other lanes. I figure if I listen to music during practise the problem would probably only get worse in league play. A shame as otherwise I'd love to.

Thankfully though I'm gradually learning to block out other stuff and being religious in my routine hass helped lots.

tumblebug1949
12-03-2011, 07:34 PM
I have given some thought to listening to music while I practice and have decided that on occasion, it may have some benefit. As long as a person was very aware of his surroundings. Bowling etiquette is always important so not being able to hear what is around you would necessitate the need to be extra watchful.

My thoughts are that listening to the right music might assist in establishing a good pace or tempo during those few steps to the line and release. I know tempo is very important in golf and it would seem to be just as important in bowling.

I may give this a try.

Tom

Paralipsis
12-03-2011, 09:29 PM
When my ear buds decide to cooperate with me, I listen to a combination of bass-heavy dubstep, metal, and hip-hop. :) Metal when I need to get focused, dubstep when I'm cruising along, and hip-hop to relax and get into a rhythm. Yes, I know I'm weird. Lol.