PDA

View Full Version : Ebonite Mission 250k Issues

Herbzilla
11-23-2011, 05:30 AM
Good morning all. New to the forums and I have a question. Just to preface this, I am not the best bowler, but I do hold a 191 average, so please bear with me. I bought the Mission 250k shortly after they came out in March or April I believe. Left it stock finish. Not sure of the drill, I just told the Pro shop owner what I wanted which was good length and strong back end, I still have the paperwork from the box, and I do remember it matching one of the recommended drilling patterns. It was amazing. I was able to keep my speeds up around 17mph and the back end just hammered the pocket. Then after about 3 months or so, just bowling one night a week, it just went away like a switch. Now I can barely get it over 15mph without sliding right by. My other balls, a Storm Prodigy and an older Storm Jolt still work great, especially the Jolt when it gets dry. My pro shop has tried a lot of different things...baking, Hook Again a couple times, polishing, sanding etc; and still nothing. Some parts of my throw has changed, but the other balls seem to still work, but not the Ebonite. I really like this ball and would love it back in its prime again. Any ideas?

Sorry for the long post.

The Mayor
11-23-2011, 08:33 AM
How many games would you say you have on the ball? It sounds like you've done pretty much all of the options to regain performance. What surface is the ball at now? Bowling balls do have a lifespan, and some companies have a tendency to be shorter than others. Hopefully we can help you get a little more life back!