PDA

View Full Version : Great skid-flip ball?

v33dubfox
11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Hi. I am now playing with a Brunswick Wild Card. I would like to get something more agressive at the backend part of the lane, something which is more "skid-flip". I know I have to look at a high diffenrential and a high RG. I saw the Storm Victory Road, Victory Road Solid and DV8 hell raiser.

What would be your choice, or anything else you can suggest?

I am a left handed bowler, mid rev (~300rpm), mid speed.

Thanks.

mojojojo
11-25-2011, 12:15 AM
alot of my friends have a victory road. I wont say its skid-flippy, but it has some of the best back end reaction ive seen for a mid performance ball.

I personally loved the reign for medium conditions

ormond pro shop
11-25-2011, 02:27 PM
One of the best skid/flip bowling balls in the market is the Marvel Pearl. The Marvel Pearl will go ling and make a turn in the backend like no other ball in that performance. If you drill pin up that will give you the skid/flip you are looking for.

got_a_300
11-27-2011, 05:29 AM
I have a DV8 Hell Raiser in my arsenal drilled 60x4x35 and I leave it in my bag most of the time
as it is almost too much ball for our lanes. It goes long and flips extremely hard way too hard as
a matter of fact unless I can find enough oil to keep it calmed down. If I take all of my hand out
of it and use an end over end forward roll it is still very aggressive even playing in on the 2nd or
3rd arrow most of the time ridding against the heavy oil line.

I would have to agree on the Marvel Pearl as it is one great ball the guys/gals using it on our lanes
absolutely love it as it goes long and flips pretty hard but very controllable on the dry.

v33dubfox
11-27-2011, 03:43 PM
And what about the Ransom from Columbia 300? They say that it has a skid-flip motion.

StormGirl
11-28-2011, 12:11 AM
I threw the Ransom not too long ago on a matchmaking day. It is skid-flip, and the reaction was nice. However, just because a ball is skid-flip, doesn't mean it will always skid-flip. You have to release it correctly for the ball to be able to skid and then flip. Motiv came out with a new ball, the Primal Impulse. I've seen a few people throw them, and the reaction is incredible.

v33dubfox
11-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Still me !

I read a lot on the internet about those skid-flip balls. I came to a conclusion that is not what I pretended. The ball is not the onl responsible of being skid-flip. From what I read, I think that the bowler's motion, release, etc. can count as 50% of the ball reaction. I really love that kind of reaction, but I don't think that the way I play, the way I release, the way I "swing" cannot create that kind of reaction. So, if I buy a Ransom for example, I can be disappointed with the reaction of the ball, but it would be my fault.

I think that before buying a new ball, I should work on my release and swing to improve it.

What do you think about it?

I should film my motion and shot it to you.

bowlers design pro shop
11-28-2011, 01:18 PM
The new Motiv Impulse has the best backend reaction I have ever seen.

got_a_300
11-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I think that before buying a new ball, I should work on my release and swing to improve it.

That is a great ideal that way you can see if you are releasing the ball the same way everytime
and the good folks on here can help you out if they can see what you are doing. :)

J Anderson
11-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Still me !

I read a lot on the internet about those skid-flip balls. I came to a conclusion that is not what I pretended. The ball is not the onl responsible of being skid-flip. From what I read, I think that the bowler's motion, release, etc. can count as 50% of the ball reaction. I really love that kind of reaction, but I don't think that the way I play, the way I release, the way I "swing" cannot create that kind of reaction. So, if I buy a Ransom for example, I can be disappointed with the reaction of the ball, but it would be my fault.

I always think its a good idea to improve one's technique before trying to fix your game by buying more equipment.

When you do buy a new ball, [U]make sure the driller knows that you want the ball to skid-flip[U]. the way that the ball is drilled is also a factor to think about.

StormGirl
11-28-2011, 05:58 PM
I think it's a great idea to work on your release before purchasing a new ball. Try to watch youtube videos of say, Pete Webber or Chris Barnes. Also, like J stated, make sure that the driller knows you want it to have a skid-flip reaction.