PDA

View Full Version : Middle finger+thumb not fitting

bdpeters
11-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Ok so being gone from the sport for a long time and considering myself a complete novice I have a question. I am finding out now that there is alot to learn about ball performance. at this time I cannot afford a new ball and am using my old Brunswick Galaxee that i bought in the 80's. i don't know too much about its performance characteristics. the finger and thumb holes that were drilled years ago still seem to fit the size and grip of my hand but the middle finger and thumb feel a bit tight so I took a bit of 80 grit sandpaper and have lightly sanded out the inside of the holes being careful to not damage the outer surface. I managed to get a better fit now. Was this a very stupid thing to do or does it seem ok to do this? would this affect the ball performance much? any comments or critisism would be appreciated.

Bri

HunterRunsIt
11-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Im not too sure but...If its comfortable for you I would say why not. If your release changes with the new fit that would be the only thing that might affect ball performance.

bdpeters
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
good to know. I am planning on getting a new ball as soon as funds permit. perhaps with my income tax return.

thanks

Bri

J Anderson
11-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Ok so being gone from the sport for a long time and considering myself a complete novice I have a question. I am finding out now that there is alot to learn about ball performance. at this time I cannot afford a new ball and am using my old Brunswick Galaxee that i bought in the 80's. i don't know too much about its performance characteristics. the finger and thumb holes that were drilled years ago still seem to fit the size and grip of my hand but the middle finger and thumb feel a bit tight so I took a bit of 80 grit sandpaper and have lightly sanded out the inside of the holes being careful to not damage the outer surface. I managed to get a better fit now. Was this a very stupid thing to do or does it seem ok to do this? would this affect the ball performance much? any comments or critisism would be appreciated.

Bri

If you had gone to a pro shop and said these two holes seem too tight they would have done basically the same thing except they would use the drill press.

StormGirl
11-28-2011, 06:00 PM
It was not a stupid thing to do. If you had brought the ball to a pro shop, they would have done probably the exact same thing. Also, if you haven't yet, be sure to change out your finger inserts :)