PDA

View Full Version : Ugh

littlelegs
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Despite thinking/hoping I can, I've come to the decision I really can't bowl when tired and headachey. I bowled the worst game of the year in the last league game.

I play a little golf, snowboard, used to play soccer (don't laugh - I'm originally from the UK and it's what we do :p) but in no other sport has feeling run down hit my game as hard as it does in bowling. If I can't concentrate, even the little muscle memory I do have vanishes. Oh well...there's always next week and thankfully the rest of my team bowled well :)

vgw
12-12-2011, 03:51 PM
everyone was has bad days. Good things your teammates could pick you up.

got_a_300
12-12-2011, 06:23 PM
I know the feeling well my friend last Wed. night league I was feeling the same way tired and run down after
a full day of running around Christmas shopping but I decided to bowl anyway. Then on Friday night bowling
in the pot of gold mini tournament after another full day of running around and shopping all day then by the
3rd game I was just about too tired to even throw the ball started once to just scratch out on the last game
but I muddled through it somehow to finish.

yummymanftw
12-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Lol I can relate... It was the end of the session, our team had made it to county championships. The day of the championships I had a massive headache from a horrible day of school. Bowled the worst 3 games of my life that day. From that day on, I learned to carry Advil in my backpack just in case.

Everyone has a bad day, just shake it off and bowl how you normally do.

J Anderson
12-12-2011, 11:18 PM
I generally don't get headaches, ( I must give them ), so I can't comment on that part. What I do find is that if I have too much energy, in other words, if I'm not tired enough, I don't bowl well.

tumblebug1949
12-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Hi All,

When I get tired, and it happens a lot more now than it used to, I find myself dipping my right shoulder.:( I am right handed and dipping the shoulder usually takes out the 7 pin.:mad:

When that starts occurring, I find that I have to concentrate specifically on not dipping during the approach.

Like I don't have other things I need to be thinking about.

littlelegs
12-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Sunday was a particularly bad day for me I think. Despite pills I just couldn't shift the headache. I'd get to the line throw the ball then wonder why my knee wasn't meant enough, my arm wasn't relaxed, my thumb was gripping a little, my wrist hadn't turned at all, I hadn't followed through etc etc etc. All stuff I rarely think about now.

Oh well - we bowl again tonight and the headache has almost gone so here's hoping for a 600+ series :) League position night and we need all 8 to win it at the mid-point :)

littlelegs
12-14-2011, 09:17 AM
I never got the 600+ as my first game was crap. My head was still filled with images of the last game and it took me a game to settle down (unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to play a couple of warmup games last night). After that though it went well :)