PDA

View Full Version : Frantic Review

cmsubowler
12-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Hello everyone and thanks for reading. YouTube video for this review is here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/CompetitiveEdgeBowl?feature=watch#p/a/u/2/D49cl-N2Fpc

Great reaction. Great Hitting Power. Clean through the heads. Good Midlane and strong arcing backend reaction. I used a slightly different layout on this ball for me so i could use this as more of a benchmark ball. Surprisingly enough I have been able to use this ball on a number of different conditions. Viper, Chameleon, Scorpion are the main three this ball gets used on but I have scuffed it up and used it on longer patterns like Shark too. The ball I decided to review against was the Heat Indigo Violet because I felt it was a close comparison for my arsenal. The Hybrid cover allows the Frantic to go down a little longer and still maintain ease of use on heavier volumes and get down the lane on the lighter ones. You can see the arc phase is a little earlier and longer than the Heat Solid and the ball continues through the pins and just doesn't want to give up. Great Benchmark for any player and this one is staying in the bag for a long while to come.

gergy22
02-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Absolutely love the frantic so far. I have bowled about 5 sets with it so far on Autobahn and a tournament pattern similar to autobahn buy flatter. Once the breakdown starts and I can bounce it off the spot, its the NUTS!!!! I have been switching to it in game 3 and my last 4 game 3's are 267,300,267 and 265. The 265 last night was a front 6, blower 8 pin, then next 3 and a 4-9 in the 11th ball. Unreal reaction off the spot, mine isn't jerky but once it turns the corner it has no quit in it. Bowled a 12 game tournament saturday, started outside and then in game 3 changed to the frantic and crept left with it the rest of the tournament, ended up inside 5th arrow going out to about 15 at the breakpoint. Rolls phenomenal, hits like a truck. My only dislike is the color, but striking takes care of that. I have mine layed out pin just above bridge, cg half inch right of center of grip. Bowling a tournament this weekend and if I can get to game 3 without killing myself, I will be all anyone can handle for the rest of the day.

peterfa
03-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Now that you guys have used it for a few months, how are you liking it. Mine died after 30 games on medium oil. Cleaned it every time it was used and now, no more hook. Have tried the traditional ways to have the oil removed and it still doesn't hook. Looks like the oil is permanently attached.