PDA

View Full Version : hi all

angel
12-13-2011, 12:57 AM
will i try to practice at least 2 r 3 times a week ,sometimes i get low score, and some high,trying to beat your on score is hard.i get mad at times.and wont to stop bowling.i also keep dropping my ball.i dont why.r what am doing wrong. is it me.r my ball.

The Mayor
12-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi Angel! Usually dropping the ball is caused by one of two things, your thumb hole being too large or having a weak wrist and pushing the ball into the ground. If you don't think your thumb hole is too large, you might want to look in to a wrist support.

angel
12-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Thank you for the advice The Mayor I have a wrist band that I use most of the time but still
drop the ball from time to time. My Fiancé is a member here and he got me to sign up his name
is got_a_300 and he is trying to teach me how to bowl and tells me I need to read up on bowling
in here that there is a lot of good advice in here for beginners but it is still a hard thing to do it right
every time. He wants me to have the thumb hole drilled out and put in what he calls a thumb slug in
there and then have the hole re-drilled a little bit smaller.

bdpeters
12-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Hi Angel. I can understand your frustration and it sounds like your hubby is on top of it with suggesting getting your ball re drilled. I am sort of in the same spot with my old ball. I am not new to bowling but I am new to getting more involved with it and have been away from the sport for a long time so its like starting new. just reading all the posts here have helped out. My old ball's holes were a bit to snug and I sanded them out a bit and it helped but in your case it sounds like re drilling is the thing to do or maybe try some tape on the thumb first. maybe your local pro shop can give you some suggestions.

Bri

StormGirl
12-22-2011, 10:33 AM
another cause for dropping the ball could be too much reverse pitch. however if you plan on a redrill, this should hopefully sort it out for you. by the was, welcome to the boards!