PDA

View Full Version : Is your Web Site Up to Date

tumblebug1949
12-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi All,

Just a thought for the Pro-Shop and Bowling Center owners. I am fairly new to bowling after a four decade layoff. One of the things I noticed was it is tough to find information about your businesses online. Around the central Indiana area, I only found one Pro-Shop that had a website with information on it. That is where I took my business because that is all I knew about. I did find some information on bowling centers, as a matter of fact, I went to visit two of those bowling centers and found that they were out of business and a third was still closed for the summer. Some bowling centers mention having a Pro-Shop but provide absolutely no information about it.

Keep in mind that many of us use the computer to search out places of interest. You want us to buy products from your shop and not from the internet, It would be a great benefit if accurate up to date information and business hours were listed on your website.

Thanks
Tom

littlelegs
12-19-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm always amazed how many businesses fail to have basic information on a web page. This can be especially true of restaurants as well (I want to see the menu and opening times before I decide to spend 20 mins+ travelling).

Then you have those businesses who decide that a Facebook page is a good substitute for a web site. It really, really isn't.

OK...maybe I'm a little biased as I build sites and backend services for a living, but when my consumer hat's on I find it really frustrating not being able to get info online. Thankfully my local independent pro-shop owner has an informative and frequently updated self-built site (it really isn't that hard to do if you're budget's too small to fire someone. Plenty of 'site in a box' style solutions out there).

That said the site for my local bowling alley remains terrible despite a recent facelift.

So....what Tom said. Please, please list your services, pricing and stock online. You can do a basic site yourself for less than the retail cost of a single ball and I know that if I can get a ball for the same price or just a little more (with drilling) locally I'll do that rather than ordering online.