PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Playing?

littlelegs
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Presuming I'm not the only person here who plays video games what are you current favorites?

I'm I long time WoW player but haven't logged in for a couple of weeks now (I go through periods of not wanting to play it). However, Skyrim on the Xbox has currently taken its place for the odd hour or two some evenings (and I love the game so far).

Anything else good I should be playing?

bdpeters
12-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Well Tony I am a bit old fashioned when it comes to technology and whatnot. My 5 yr old just started getting interested in video games so i broke out my olf fashioned nintendo. I play it on occasions. he recently got at WII and I will play lego starwars, bowling, and WW2 aces.

littlelegs
12-21-2011, 02:49 PM
I sadly got into video games as a teen many, many moons ago and never really stopped (old enough to remember the original Atari being released). I say sadly as it's probably been a huge time drain over the years, time that I could have done other things with. That said many people probably watch more TV than I spend playing video games...

The Mayor
12-21-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm playing Skyrim. Will go down as the greatest game ever up to this point. There has never been a game more in depth and perfectly thought out. It's really amazing if anyone is interested in open world type games.

BallBuster
12-21-2011, 04:48 PM
PC GAMES:
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 1&2

PS2 Games
Fight Night: Round 2
Soul Caliber 2
Guitar Hero 1/2/3/World Tour

WII Games
WII Sports Resort
Trauma Center 2(<---MEGA AWESOME)

tumblebug1949
12-21-2011, 06:46 PM
I haven't had very many games but have dabbled in them a little. I had "World Conflict", "Age of Empires II" and "2008 Flight Simulator" for Windows. Now I have an iMac and "Civilization IV" is the only game I have and only play it occasionally. When my son was little he loved the video games and played them a lot when not outside. He got several versions of playstation and xbox as time past. I was always on the road having to travel a lot with work so I didn't get involved. When he grew up, went to collage and moved out on his own, he took all of the game stuff with him. Just as I was retiring and would have a chance to play.

Oh well.

Tom

littlelegs
12-22-2011, 08:09 AM
One other Skyrim player at least :) I have to agree totally about the depth of the game. It's been a long since 'questing' wasn't simply repetitive. Oh and....Sanguine Rose FTW. That staff makes everything just that little bit easier.

Hey Josh. You planning on getting Rocksmith? I've picked it up for my daughter for Christmas along with an electric guitar. My fingers hate the fret size on a standard electric so I'm waiting for the bass upgrade before I join in (presuming it's as good as they say as a 'learning tool').

StormGirl
12-22-2011, 11:07 AM
i used to play wow religiously but quit for years now. currently Im playing league of legends and dota2 beta

littlelegs
12-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I've worked out since my most recent short sabbatical from WoW why I go off it for prolonged periods (but always seem to end up returning). It's the current people I play with (i.e. fellow guildies). When they're fun, relaxed, intelligent people that are easy to get on with I waste far too much time playing it. However, if a few of those leave and all that are left are people who are mealy...OK I play far less. So I guess it's the social element that I really enjoy. Whereas something like Skyrim is pure gameplay.

littlelegs
12-22-2011, 02:28 PM
i used to play wow religiously but quit for years now. currently Im playing league of legends and dota2 beta

Have you been tempted to try SWTOR yet? I'm downloading it now. Figure it has to be worth the 30 day free trial.

littlelegs
12-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Hmmm...scrub the free trial thing. An email they sent was a little misleading in that respect. I'll just have to wait and see if one's released as I'm not sinking $60 + subscription into something that I may end up hating. Certainly if their forums are anything to go buy the current maturity level may be even lower than WoWs :S

Timmytomma
02-18-2012, 08:58 PM
SWTOR is really fun to level up (weird right?) but its endgame is too buggy and easy. If you think its easy to get gear in WoW its 100x easier in SWTOR. The engine is really bad and its just all around just meh. It was sad because the game had a lot of potential and I had a lot of real life friends who I played with but in the end it just kinda flopped. Maybe thats just me, because I can kind of be an elitist when it comes to MMO's. I'm currently playing Battlefield 3 (PC) on and off and I'm in the DoTA 2 beta which is what I play mostly right now. I'm really looking forward to the TERA release its an action combat MMO thats A. Gorgeous B. challenging, you actually have to aim your skills, C.Just a breath of fresh air into the MMO genre. If you're interested you can apply for the beta (its closed now) or wait until I want to say april to get into the open beta. Or you can preorder it and get into all the beta testing weekends. I did, and played last weekend...its pretty awesome to say the very least. Man I'm a nerd lol...but I grew up in this generation...oh well. If anybody has questions about games, I know quite a bit about most games and I can usually point you in the right direction. :P

striker12
02-18-2012, 09:45 PM
im playing mw3 and black ops for my playstation 3

DaveAyotte
02-20-2012, 08:03 AM
I don't play video games often, but when I do...

All kidding aside, let me know if I'm alone in this. I absolutely suck at wii bowling... And can do better in real life.

resstealth
02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Although I haven't played in over 6 months, I used to be a HUGE WOW player. Pre-nerf vashj/kael, Illidan/archimonde,kj, and us #55 Heroic lk 25 man. Now, just mw3 lol.

littlelegs
02-21-2012, 08:10 AM
SWTOR is really fun to level up (weird right?) but its endgame is too buggy and easy. If you think its easy to get gear in WoW its 100x easier in SWTOR. The engine is really bad and its just all around just meh. It was sad because the game had a lot of potential and I had a lot of real life friends who I played with but in the end it just kinda flopped. Maybe thats just me, because I can kind of be an elitist when it comes to MMO's. I'm currently playing Battlefield 3 (PC) on and off and I'm in the DoTA 2 beta which is what I play mostly right now. I'm really looking forward to the TERA release its an action combat MMO thats A. Gorgeous B. challenging, you actually have to aim your skills, C.Just a breath of fresh air into the MMO genre. If you're interested you can apply for the beta (its closed now) or wait until I want to say april to get into the open beta. Or you can preorder it and get into all the beta testing weekends. I did, and played last weekend...its pretty awesome to say the very least. Man I'm a nerd lol...but I grew up in this generation...oh well. If anybody has questions about games, I know quite a bit about most games and I can usually point you in the right direction. :P

Thanks for the heads-up. I may definately pass on it for now then as the gear thing would really annoy me. A huge chunk of my current lack of interest in WoW is the lack of goals to aim for in gear. Yes grinding can be boring, yes teeny drop rates can frustrate BUT they give you a goal and the sense of satisfaction can be huge. Without that the game gets even more tedious unless you hard-core raid and I simply don't have the time to devote to that.

littlelegs
02-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Although I haven't played in over 6 months, I used to be a HUGE WOW player. Pre-nerf vashj/kael, Illidan/archimonde,kj, and us #55 Heroic lk 25 man. Now, just mw3 lol.

I've wasted way too much of my life in WoW but then also haven't played for about 3 months despite signing up to the year subscription. Really should pop backin sometime this week.

HunterRunsIt
02-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Mw3 and left for dead 2 all the way.

JaMau24
02-28-2012, 03:09 PM
I usually only play sports games... Madden, MLB The Show, NBA 2K... I do play MW3 as well though..

Grimthrow
03-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Play WoW since day 1. I only play at work though as I believe it wastes my free time. If my job makes it so I can't play it anymore then I'll just quit altogether. Looking forward to Diablo 3.

striker12
03-06-2012, 10:03 AM
right know im playing this bowling game on my galaxy not sure of the game i think its like 3d bowling it dose not say on frount page i avg a 220 on it and have shot 600 300s lol the game is too easy i also hold the lowest game on it a 0 for the most consecitive gutters lol.

i would play on my ps3 but my internet is abit messing around since last night its just shutting off and on only when someone calls its starting to get me mad.

travkoiboi
03-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Swtor

bowl1820
03-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Swtor Which means-Star Wars: The Old Republic
for those that don't know.