12-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Lane Condition
Lane Surface: Brunswick ProLane & AMF HPL
Length: 40ft & 39ft
Volume: Medium & Medium-Heavy
Type: Typical House Shot
Layout
69 x 5 1/16” x 40

Motiv’s first shot at a ball that gives a true skid-flip reaction does not miss its mark. The 2000-grit finish with the Power Gel Polish, combined with a 2.60 RG core, allows the ball to easily clear the heads and save its energy for the backend transition. As the ball approaches the breakpoint it begins to rev up quickly allowing it to move sharply off of the spot, something the .050 Diff helps to facilitate. The Primal Impulse has been a very good medium oil and broken-down oil ball for me. Once my Sigma Tour begins to hook a little too soon I switch to this, make a small adjustment right and continue to crush the pocket. The ball effortlessly glides through the heads and is very strong in its backend reaction. Once it hits the pins it continues through the deck with great power; I have already left more 9-pins because of it driving through to the pit than I have with the rest of my arsenal combined. Even when I have missed to the right the ball still has enough energy to turn on its left-turn signal and make it back to the pocket. If you’re looking for angularity and continuation power, not to mention the snazzy color scheme, the Primal Impulse is the ball for you.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff