PDA

View Full Version : vintage balls

bdpeters
12-27-2011, 04:18 PM
So I was wondering if there is much of a market for a vintage ball? Iare there folks out there who collect these? I have a Brunswick Mineralite ball and started to wonder about it. I don't have any particulars on it right now as I am at work. There are a couple on Ebay ranging from 35 to 75 dollars. I am not really in the market to sell but was just wondering about it.

Bri

The Mayor
12-28-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't know if there is a market for them, but it's definitely a cool thing to have. I'd personally hang onto it. If I remember correctly, that one one of the first bowling balls ever mass produced.

TCDale
01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
I have to let you guys know that I was in a antiques furniture, knickknacks, hobby store and I found a bowling ball and bag. I have been looking hard and long for Brunswick Black Beauty. So I pick it up, the bag isnt bad, the ball was a black rubber ball, I roll the ball around in the bag and it was a Black Beauty. Figure it is about 16 pounds, and I took it to the counter with the wife, and I was willing to pay ticket price for it. I found out it was half off for Christmas, and I got the ball, bag, wrist support and a towel for TEN bucks.

Ten bucks. My father played with a Black Beauty for 40 years. I never could find one and then this Christmas I find one and very affordable. I have now a Mineralite and a Black Beauty to go with my Hy Road and a spare ball. Let's just say it was a great holiday season for me this year. Can't wait to go bowling soon.. grip that is drilled on the ball is very close to my fingertip on the HyRoad, so I am really stoked.

Woot! (By the way, I had to finally use Chrome to post, as the site wont allow me to use FF or IE to do so.)

Yeah I am really having a good start to 2012.

got_a_300
01-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Ah yes the old Brunswick Black Beauty balls I still have one of them in the back room
with my other retired bowling balls. I bought it back somewhere in the early 80's and
used it for many years up until about 1994 I think it was as it made for a great spare
and dry lane ball.

The Mayor
01-03-2012, 03:43 PM
I have a very old Black Diamond that is great for spares and dry lanes!

bdpeters
01-11-2012, 10:44 AM
A couple of weeks ago I seen a black beauty in our local classified for 15 bucks. I wish i had snagged it now.