PDA

View Full Version : Old Taboo/New Taboo

littlelegs
01-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Just wondering if anyone who's owned the old Taboo has also bought the new Taboo and used it? If so how do they compare to each other?

Alternatively has anyone come across a video showing the two directly compared?

littlelegs
01-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Hmmm...seems Hammer's own video has comparisons. Shame though that 3 of the guys are similar in style and the lower rev player is much lower in revs than the others. I'd still be very interested if anyone's used both.

Special_K
01-20-2012, 08:01 AM
its seems to me that the first taboo was surface change with the black widow core and from there the core stayed the same and surface change again which i own the taboo blue silver,plan on getting the taboo jet black to see if i notice a difference

littlelegs
01-20-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm going to be trying the new Taboo at a demo day this weekend so will be able to make a comparison :)

Drano
01-20-2012, 09:46 PM
the pearl taboo should be overall less hook, and be more skid flip than the original. the jet black should be even more skid flip than the pearl, and hook about as much

The Mayor
01-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Actually the Blue/Silver hooks more than the original, with more backend motion, as you said. The Jet Black will be the least aggressive of all of them. Designed more for length with angular backend on medium conditions.

Drano
01-26-2012, 04:47 AM
youre right, whoops.