PDA

View Full Version : Morich Hookr

littlelegs
01-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Anyone managed to get their hands on this ball and/or have video footage of it?

It promises a lot, but although it was apparently released in November seems very hard to get hold of. My local pro shop had a couple on order but 5 weeks later received two completely different balls so I'm wondering if there are supply/manufacturing issues.

JerseyJim
01-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Go to the Morich site, they'll have a video of the ball being thrown by Jack Jurek.

littlelegs
01-02-2012, 11:38 PM
I'll go look now. Last time I was there a week or two back I couldn't even find it mentioned...

littlelegs
01-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Hmmm...nothing that I can see. I know some have supposedly been delivered but as I say the guy at my local pro shop is having trouble with a direct order for them.

The Mayor
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Morich could definitely have a much bigger following if they were more regimented and didn't leave folks hanging for so long. They shouldn't start marketing until they have a firm ship date. It's cool that Mo has his own company, but I'd much rather see him as the lead man for a larger company so he's got funds to work. He'd be a great fit for Ebonite or Columbia. They seem to be falling behind a bit in new technology to Storm/Roto, Brunswick and even Hammer. That being said, I haven't hear of anyone who's thrown the HookR.

littlelegs
01-04-2012, 03:39 PM
There are a couple of people of the forum Mo tends to hang out on that claim to have one (can't remember the forum's name as I only go there now and again usually from a SE link). As I say though, no info on the site, no videos that I can find and a local pro-shop who was sent two different balls instead of the ones ordered make me wonder. A shame and as you say it really does limit their following/customer base. I like my Mania which is why I was interested in the Hookr, but it looks like it's dead in the water at the moment.

kev3inp
01-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Mo is a big presence on bowlingchat. http://forum.bowlingchat.net/index.php?sid=ca2ef466f068bf2f0e3712e9dd8c934e I stop there from time to time. They helped spread the word about the Gathering.

littlelegs
01-04-2012, 10:41 PM
That's the place. :)

littlelegs
01-08-2012, 12:13 AM
I finally managed to touch one today. Unfortunately I didn't get to bowl with it nor am I likely to see it in action anytime soon but I gotta admit I liked the look and 'feel' of the ball (the local pro shop finally received delivery). I'd still like to see a few videos of it though especially of it compared directly to an older, more popular ball.