PDA

View Full Version : league options

bdpeters
01-03-2012, 08:40 AM
SO i has been a real long time since I have bowled on a league but i would like to get into it again. I was at my local center last night and seen that they had a couple of interesting options. they have a couple of new leagues starting that are short (14 weeks) anyway they are 12 dollars a week and include a free Brunswick C system ball at the end if you pay for all 14 weeks. I thought that it sounded like a pretty good deal. any thought on this?

Bri

littlelegs
01-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Sounds like a pretty good deal. The 'free ball' our local center gives is usually the cheapest spare/plastic ball they can find. Only real downside I can see is there's a chance they aren't USBC sanctioned leagues and if so you won't have a handicap for tournaments etc. It'd be a good way to ease back into leagues though considering most sanctioned leagues are now over half way through the season.

TCDale
01-03-2012, 02:23 PM
I would love to be able to join one of these leagues, but, the locals here just dont do anything like this to drive customers into league bowlers.

I can do the "ball" league down in Indy at Woodland Bowl, (one of my FAVORITE places to bowl) and I wish I lived closer than I do now.

For those that have more than a couple of choices locally for bowling, I envy you, I truly do.

got_a_300
01-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes sounds like a good to fantastic deal to me as it all depends on which one of the
Brunswick C system balls it is as to wither it is a good deal or a fantastic deal.

1. Brunswick C (System)2.5 = a good deal

2. Brunswick C (System)3.5 = a better deal

3. Brunswick C (System)4.5 = even a better deal

4. Brunswick C (System) ulti-max = a Fantastic deal

littlelegs
01-03-2012, 03:19 PM
I was working on the theory that it'd be the 2.5. If it's any better than that...coo. Can I come bowl there too? :p

J Anderson
01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
In my neck of the woods it would be a fantastic deal. Our lineage is pushing $11!

littlelegs
01-03-2012, 07:03 PM
We're paying around $8 I think for lineage so I should probably stop complaining about our local lanes....

got_a_300
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Our linage here is $9.33 per league night and we get open bowling for $1.00 per game
anytime lanes are available. Then on Saturday night Cyber bowling we can rent the lane
from 7:00 PM until closing time which is usually around 11:00 or 12:00 PM for $10.00 per
person for 4 - 5 hours of unlimited bowling and in 4 hrs. you can bowl quite a few games
so we always get our moneys worth of games.

littlelegs
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM
That's where we lose out - the open play is $2.55 or so. There is 8-11 bowling on Wednesdays but being midweek and after league I rarely want to bowl that late. Silly thing is if they had cheaper open play for league bowlers I'd probably end up spending more total. Oh well.

got_a_300
01-04-2012, 12:41 AM
That's where we lose out - the open play is $2.55 or so.
Ouch!!! $2.55 a game even though you are a league bowler wow that is quite high IMO.
Our regular non league bowler rate is only $1.99 per game for open bowling during the
weekdays/weeknights and until 7:00 PM on Saturday then it goes up to $2.99 per game
unless they do the Cyber bowl special. On Sunday after 5:00 PM we have what they call
Quarter Mania where you pay a $5.00 cover charge if you want to bowl and then bowl all
you want for .25¢ per game and also the hot dogs, and coffee, are just .25¢ each so I
guess living here in the south does have some advantages on the price of things.

bdpeters
01-04-2012, 08:45 AM
So I gave out the wrong information. I thought it was a C system ball but in fact it is a T zone. I guess that is OK if I was in need of a spare ball. I may just join anyway to get the experience in a league. around here open bowling is generally 2.50 to 3 bucks a game so I suppose it is not too bad of a deal. sorry for the mix up.

Bri

TCDale
01-04-2012, 07:49 PM
You know you could join the league and donate that ball to a deserving youth bowler that isnt able to have their own ball, something like that.. helping out the future while we enjoy today, so to speak! :)

littlelegs
01-04-2012, 10:34 PM
The league experience would probably be good anyways. Certainly I find more distractions in league bowling and I know am far from unique in often scoring lower in league than in practice. Of course...the difference is really all in the head :/

got_a_300
01-05-2012, 04:07 AM
So I gave out the wrong information. I thought it was a C system ball but in fact it is a T zone. I guess that is OK if I was in need of a spare ball. I may just join anyway to get the experience in a league. around here open bowling is generally 2.50 to 3 bucks a game so I suppose it is not too bad of a deal. sorry for the mix up.

Bri

I have to say well then that is not the greatest deal by far if it is a T Zone ball but as you said you would get the
experience of being in a league and you'd get a good spare ball too and that is the same ball I use for my spares.

billf
03-27-2012, 01:18 PM
We pay $13 for each of my leagues with $8.50 for lineage. Non-league open bowlers is $4 a game, league $2.50. Glow-mania (yuck) is $15 a person for four hours. League bowlers can also purchase a pass during the fall and winter for $25 a month, good during any time there is an open lane during open bowling. That translates to most days before 5 pm as they have leagues every single evening.

We also had a summer league a few years ago where the participants got their choice of ball up to a certain amount. I picked a Hammer Hawg. Paid $21 a week for that.

chad_k
04-03-2012, 01:25 PM
house i am at now, depending on what the pro shop can get, their ball leagues offer a variety of balls, from storm, hammer, ebonite, and so forth.
you can get an entry level, mid level, or high end depending on what you pay each week

resstealth
04-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Our house lets the league bowlers come in and bowl free at any time, ive came in and bowled 4 or 5 hours some days.

got_a_300
04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Our house lets the league bowlers come in and bowl free at any time, ive came in and bowled 4 or 5 hours some days.

Wow free bowling where is your center located at I might just move there so I can get the free practice LOL!!!!

billf
04-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Free bowling for league members. What are the league fees, $100 a week per league?

got_a_300
04-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Yippee I get all the free practice I want and free league linage at the center now
since I became the new Pro Shop Mgr.

swingset
04-09-2012, 07:38 PM

Dang, that would be awesome. I only pay $2 which is fair for a league bowler but even then serious practice adds up.

10-in-the-pit
04-09-2012, 07:54 PM
I think it's a pretty good deal (even not knowing which ball it is exactly). $168 total cost of bowling including the ball (probably will need to pay for drilling/inserts). It wont' be a sanctioned league, but that probably doesn't matter. Go for it and just have fun!